Complaint Review: Centurion Financial

• Submitted: Thu, November 04, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, November 10, 2004

• Reported By:Cedar Rapids Iowa
Centurion Financial
33 Elm Champlain, Iowa U.S.A.

Centurion Financial Benefits rip-off! Canadian company that preys on Americans. Canada

*Consumer Comment: Centurion Rip-off!!!

I received a call in late September from a lady who had an accent. She proceeded to tell me that I had been approved for a credit card with a $2000.00 limit with 0% interest. It seemed to good to be true and it was. On Oct. 1, 2004, $249.00 was debited from my checking account. I was told by EV214 (the customer service rep) that it would take 25 working days for the credit card to arrive. Periodically, I called to check on the status of receiving my credit card and they said that the 25 working days had not passed.

On Nov. 1, 2004, I received a package with an application on for a debit "Mastercard" with a $24.95 processing charge. I left a message on the answering machine and never received a call back.

On this morning, I called 866-784-0260 and gave the man answering my phone my verification #. I then asked why had a received a packet with advertisement information and no credit card.

He then told me that I had agreed to pay $249.00 for them to find me a credit card and I had agreed with it on tape. He then played the tape for me, but left out the part where the customer service representative told me that their was a $2000 credit limit and 0% interest for 3 years.

Please don't get ripped-off like I did, I not sure what I can do next after hearing the recording. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

Ivi
Cedar Rapids, Iowa

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/04/2004 10:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Centurion-Financial/Champlain-Iowa/Centurion-Financial-Benefits-rip-off-Canadian-company-that-preys-on-Americans-Canada-116079. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Centurion Financial

Centurion Rip-off!!!

AUTHOR: Eugene - (U.S.A.)

I can sympathise with Ivi of Cedar Rapids. I, too was drawn in by this company. I was told that for $249.00, I would receive a GUARANTEED unsecured Mastercard, with a $2,000.00 credit limit and 0% interest. After I allowed them to debit my account, I called to find out when I would receive the card. I was then told that it was a stored Mastercard. After repeated calls to their "800" number, I finally spoke to a real person. In trying to explain this situation, the lady on the other end became defensive, saying that I agreed to this. They then played back our recorded conversation, but omitted the part about it being unsecured, the $2,000.00 limit or the interest. I know what I heard, and am not making this up. Then the "rep" gets back on the phone and tells me that it's my fault. I already have a unsecured Mastercard, so why would I want a "stored value" card??

Please, let's find a way to shut this business down for good, freeze it's assets, whatever it takes. In this day of super tight household budgets, layoffs, etc, no one can afford this type of scam.