Complaint Review: Charter one Banks

Livonia, Michigan United States of America
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Charterone Banks And Over Draft Fees This bank is a rip off. Stay away from Charterone. They lie and cheat. Livonia Michigan

*Consumer Comment: Use on line banking

This bank has to be the biggest ripp off I have ever seen. They hold checks as long as they can and then charge you overdraft fees. I deposited two checks on 12/21/07 and as of yesterday they had not cleared yet. I bought several things for Christmas with my money card and they charged me over $228 in overdraft fees. I went in to the bank and they told me the checks will not clear until 1-2-08. What kind of bulls** is this? They know that poeple will be spending alot of money over the holidays and they will be doing this to all of them. Just think how much money this is for them. The person I spoke with flat out told me that this is common practice for all banks now. Bullshit! She then slipped and told me that the bank is missing out on alot of mones so they had to start doing it too.

I also notice that when you have say $200 in your checking account and say you write 4 checks. One for $25, one for $40, one for $60 and then you have a check that you deposit (payroll from work) and you deposit that. Then you have to pay a bill and write another check for $190. They hold the deposit as long as they can and then put in your largest check first, then charge you overdraft fees on the other 3 checks you write. When I was with Independent One bank, I had none of this crap. The tellers were nice and treated you with respect. Now with Charterone, they have nothing but rude employees and customer service. Come Jan 1st, I am so done with that f***ed up bank. they will not see another dollar of mine or my 3 sons.

Keep up the good work Charterone, you just lost 45 customers....like you even care anyway.

Jimmythegreek Livonia, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/27/2007 08:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Charter-one-Banks/Livonia-Michigan-48150/Charterone-Banks-And-Over-Draft-Fees-This-bank-is-a-rip-off-Stay-away-from-Charterone-Th-294762. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Charter one Banks

Use on line banking

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

jimmythegreek,

I would suggest that you try banking on line. I do so with my business and it lets me know exactly what checks have cleared. Most banks will hold checks that are being deposited, especially if they are out of town checks. Never rely on the bank to make sure your account is in the black. That is not their job. If you overdraft the account then they have every right to charge you for it, since in essence you are then borrowing money from them that is not in your account. It is irrelevant as to what time of the year that it is (holidays), the bank has to look out for its own best interest. Of course that is common practice with any business. I hope that it works out for you.