breathing

• Submitted: Fri, March 10, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, March 10, 2006

• Reported By:Staten Island New York
Chase Bank USA
Chase Bank USA, N.A., P.O. Box 15650, Wilmington,, Delaware U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Chase Bank USA - Chase Bank One Circuit City Rewards Card ripoff Unfair charges to expedite an on-time payment Wilmington Delaware

*Consumer Comment: That is exactly the reason I cut up my Chase card

Recently Chase Card Services started to impose a $14.95 "Expedite payment" charge for payments made on Circuit City Rewards card accounts when that payment is made less than 5 days prior to the due date. In effect they are bringing forward the due date by one week (= 5 business days). That alone should be reason for legal action against Chase.

I called their Customer service number (800-603-8997) to query this unfair charge. I bank at Chase, have checking, savings, auto-loan and Visa credit cards from Chase and was paying the circuit city card 2 days before the due date from my Chase checking account. My question : why do they need to expedite a payment from one division of Chase to another? Working in IT in the finance industry I know that the actual process will take no more than 30 seconds, even allowing a full Business day to verify payment their assertion that payments made less than 5 days before the due date need to be expedited is ludicrous.

I pay Discover exactly the same way and by the time I have logged off their web site after making a payment I have received a confirmation email saying my account has been credited, I check my bank account and see the payment to Discover immediately also, so why can't Chase manage to pay themselves from within their own organisation as quickly?

David
Staten Island, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/10/2006 01:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chase-Bank-USA/Wilmington-Delaware-19886-5650/Chase-Bank-USA-Chase-Bank-One-Circuit-City-Rewards-Card-ripoff-Unfair-charges-to-expedit-180459. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chase Bank USA

That is exactly the reason I cut up my Chase card

AUTHOR: Dave - (U.S.A.)

You're right, David. There is absolutely NO reason for this. Except to line their pockets. I pay all my bills online, and not one creditor does this.

Since they are in such financial difficulty, one would assume that these extra charges, raising the interest on long-time customers astronomically, and other under-handed tactics Chase is pulling, can only put another nail in their coffin. Too many people are pulling out of Chase. You should close your account with them just out if spite.