Complaint Review: Cheaptickets

• Reported By: Cynthia R — Jersey City New Jersey United States of America
Cheaptickets

Cheaptickets SCAM ARTIST, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Price Inquiry

I purchased a package deal (air and hotel) through CHEAPTICKETS.Com. About three hours I noticed that the package price had dropped by $330. I called Cheapticket was on hold for 20 minutes before anyone picked up. Once I explained to the rep the situation, he put me on hold for 30 minutes and NEVER came back to the phone. I had to call them again from my landline and by this point I was pissed off. In the process of me talking to a new rep, I get a call on my cell phone from a "supervisor".

I explained to her the situation and asked her could they just refund me the $330 difference to my credit card. She told me that they did NOT have the capability to refund me any monies.his was a lie. So I then ask the "supervisor" if she could just change by trip from 11 days to 12 days as it would still be cheaper than what I paid and call it even. She said no. You can use another credit card and rebook the deal at the lower price and we will refund you the initial payment. I was appalled. I thought you didn't have the capability to refund my card monies?????

Bottom line honest travel companies will work to correct a situation especially if the markdown occurred so soon after you book with them. CHEAPTICKETS is a SCAM ARTIST and I will NEVER book with them again. How do you NOT honor your own lower fare? I was doing their job and trying to negotiate a resolution to the problem. DO NOT USE CHEAPTICKETS.COM.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2012 08:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cheaptickets/internet/Cheaptickets-SCAM-ARTIST-Internet-923063. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cheaptickets

Price Inquiry

AUTHOR: Cheaptickets - (USA)

Hello Cynthia R, I am contacting you from CheapTickets Customer Relations.

If you could e-mail me your CheapTickets record locator to socialnetwork@orbitz.com, I will be glad to review your reservation.  Please place the e-mail to my attention, and please include your blog and screen name.

Thanks,