Complaint Review: Checm Dry

Checm Dry
686 S. Seguin Ave., P.O. Box 311181 New Bruanfels, Texas USA

Checm Dry Chem Dry offers False advertising to rip you off! New Bruanfels Texas

*Consumer Suggestion: Sorry to hear about your experience

We had Checm Dry out after finding a coupon on our local mailbox mailer. The coupon offered 3 rooms for a minimal fee. We chose the 2 rooms for 69,00. We only had one room to do. Our living room. I thought the 69.00 was something we could afford. When the guy got to our home I was informed for our carpet, it was going to be 400-500 as we had pet stains and it needed additional treatments. I told him I didn't have that much and was only prepared to pay the 69.00.  He said he couldn't even do the room for less then 150-200. I told him 150 as I really wanted the carpets cleaned since we were having company. I felt very disapointed and felt like the were putting out false advertising. It took him maybe 15 mins to 'clean' the carpet. I didn't think that was possible to be that fast?? The carpet looked better for about 3 hours, then all stains came right back! I feel this company simply got my carept wet maybe? It didn't seem cleaner at all. It was a complete waste of money. Also on the coupon they show dogs, and it advertises it gets rid of pet stains. But that was all for very high inflated additional charges! I don't know how a company can get away with such false advertising?? I will never use them again, and I will be sure I tell EVERYONE I know NOT to use them!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/31/2013 05:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Checm-Dry/New-Bruanfels-Texas/Checm-Dry-Chem-Dry-offers-False-advertising-to-rip-you-off-New-Bruanfels-Texas-1055232. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Checm Dry

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Sorry to hear about your experience

AUTHOR: Truthseeker - ()

Hello,

I have been in the HWE(Heavy Water Extraction) aka steam cleaning for over 10 years. I have heard your story many times concerning chem dry and their affiliates. In fact I have gained several contracts with property management companies because of chem dry failures. Your story is all too common. I would advise you to go with heavy water extraction and find a private business owner in your community. Preferrably someone with a good reputation who won't blow smoke or give you false promises. In my companies case we charge 25 cents per square foot on residential carpets with a minimum service charge of 84.00. Read the fine print on any advertisement as well. Anyhow I hope you do better in the future and sorry again for your terrible but all too common experience with chem dry.

Jim.