Complaint Review: Circuit City - City Assure - GoToAssist

• Submitted: Thu, July 23, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, January 24, 2010

• Reported By:Tallahassee Florida
Circuit City - City Assure - GoToAssist
www.cityassure.com Tallahassee, Florida U.S.A.

Circuit City - City Assure - GoToAssist Need extended warranty information about my laptop; can't get thru to anyone on phone or on "live chat" on internet Tallahassee Florida

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: No wonder? No.

I have a laptop with a cracked face plate on my HP Pavilion PC. I didn't drop it, so I have no idea why it's cracking. I bought the laptop at Circuit City and bought the super duper extended "cover anything" warranty. I've been on hold for City Assure.com for 1.5 hours. I also went online to their website for a "web chat" and have been there for the same amount of time.

On webchat, although I'll get a prompt that "I'm next in line" after a few seconds I get another prompt that says "there is 1 question ahead of you." this has been going on for the last 1/2 hour.

This is extremely frustrating and I just need to get my laptop fixed. No wonder Circuit City went out of business!

Any suggestions anyone?

Pgeen
Tallahassee, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2009 07:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Circuit-City-City-Assure-GoToAssist/Tallahassee-Florida-32308/Circuit-City-City-Assure-GoToAssist-Need-extended-warranty-information-about-my-laptop-472780. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Circuit City - City Assure - GoToAssist

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

No wonder? No.

AUTHOR: Zaphoid - (U.S.A.)

Circuit City actually went out of business because of bad real estate investments, rapidly declining HDTV prices, bad leases on stores in bad locations, failed investment in DivX DVD technology, and laying off their most experienced salespeople to hire inexperienced minimum wagers.

That said, your warranty is fulfilled by a company called Assurant Solutions, which is a subsidiary of G.E.  Your complaint is with them, not Circuit City.  I'm not saying this to defend a failed company that laid me off, but so you can direct your anger and frustration where it belongs.