Complaint Review: City of Los Angeles Parking Violations Bureau

• Updated: Tue, January 04, 2011

• Reported By: Pappa Lou — woodland hills California United States of America
City of Los Angeles Parking Violations Bureau
P.O. Box 30247 Los Angeles, California United States of America

City of Los Angeles Parking Violations Bureau Handicapped parking "on the line" sham Los Angeles, California

I am physically disabled and must rely on a "walker"for support while walking. On Dec. 22nd,which wasa windy and rainyday during the height of the Holiday shopping season, I decided to drive to the local food market located in aneighborhood Mall. During this busy shopping season, I was fortunate to find a handicapped parking space. Upon parking, I secured my Handicapped Parking Placard to the rear view mirrorand noticed the vehicle on my right protruding over his/her left line. Because this vehicle parked out of his/her designated space, I wasforcing topark my vehicleto the extreme left side of my lane in order to allowample space for me amd my "walker" to exit.At the worse, my vehiclewas parked slightly "on the line"...especially considering theheavy rainy conditions whichblurred the vision of parking space lines, causing most drivers not to park properly in designated sapces.

Questions: Should theCity of Los Angeles employed Parking Enforcement Officerspatrol and issue citationsin privately owned parking lots without being summoned by store owners, etc.? Am I a victim of the City's budget short fall and their greed to make money by taking advantage ofholiday shoppers during the busy Holiday season? Why are the physically handicapped persons being singled out?Why am I being charged the full amount of $353.00 as though IDID NOT or was in violation of not displaying a Handicapped Parking Placard at all? Wouldn't it be more appropriate to charge a portion (i.e.$50, etc)tosatisfy the degree and magnitude of theircharge that I "parked on the line" in a handicapped space?

I communicated the above concerns to the City of Los Angeles ParkingViolations Bureau requesting thier consideration in dismissing the $353.00citation and received a reply that, based on an initial administrative review,"the violation listed on the citation was not coveredby my placardprivileges"and am, therefore, responsible for the FULL cost of the citation.

Without a doubt, this issuance of this citation is indeed TICKEY TACKED especially when there were moreserious and life threatening violations available for the ParkingEnforcement Officer to cite without having to resort to targeting the physically handicapped and Seniors who, as myself,have limited incomes and do not pose a threat to Society, rather find themselves VICTIMS....Please help!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2011 12:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/City-of-Los-Angeles-Parking-Violations-Bureau/Los-Angeles-California-90030-0247/City-of-Los-Angeles-Parking-Violations-Bureau-Handicapped-parking-on-the-line-sham-Los-678538. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on City of Los Angeles Parking Violations Bureau