Complaint Review: Clear Credit

• Submitted: Fri, November 07, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, November 13, 2003

• Reported By:Fort Wainwright Alaska
Clear Credit
26895 Aliso Creek Rd, Suite B Box 764, Aliso Viejo, CA 92656 Aliso Viejo, California U.S.A.

Clear Credit scammed us and RIPPED us off of over $400 Aliso Viejo California

*Author of original report: Call Center Supervisor, DARREN, lies and accuses me of lying

We had some things reported twice or incorrectly and wanted to fix our credit so we could buy a house. Clear Credit sounded good, pay $7.95 per incorrect item and they deal with the reporting agencies.

We paid and were excited to see the results. However, they disputed even good items! We were charged for each one. Okay, well, maybe it will be okay and we were willing to pay to clean our credit.

When I called about wanting to see a more recent credit report I was told I would also get a free round of disputes. WHAT!? I already paid, why would I want a "free round"? Well, they explained I was confused, I had to pay for EACH round. I KNOW that is NOT what I agreed to. So, Masoud at Clear Credit made promises that it would all be fine and I would get a free round and an updated report. I got charged for ANOTHER round.

That's another thing. I was told by Masoud that I would only be charged $39.95 a month. Not true. I have been charged $79.95 twice a month! We are a single-income military family. We don't have money to throw away, who does???

I emailed them 18 times. No replies. Now when I call I get passed around. Everyone says "that's not my dept." My bank, AK USA, was nice enough to block further charges. Now what can I do??

L in AK

L. R.
Fort Wainwright, Alaska

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/07/2003 12:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Clear-Credit/Aliso-Viejo-California-92656/Clear-Credit-scammed-us-and-RIPPED-us-off-of-over-400-Aliso-Viejo-California-71235. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Clear Credit

Call Center Supervisor, DARREN, lies and accuses me of lying

AUTHOR: L. r. - (U.S.A.)

Today I called to try to get a refund of the charges that I didn't authorize.

First, I get Chris who says he can't help me. I ask for a Supervisor and get Darren. He claims he's the Call Center Supervisor yet says he can't refund the money. He says I never asked to close the account. (Thereby calling me a liar.) Yet when I say, "I DID", he says they don't have that in their computer. He says Mario, whom I spoke with before, didn't note that I wanted the account closed. Of course, neither did Masoud, whom I spoke with after Mario. So, I ask and ask and no one will close the account and they keep billing me. Now, $405.45 later I get my bank to reject all future charges. What do I do about the $405.45?

The conversation ended with Darren hanging-up on me because I refused to kowtow to his lack of helpfulness. I never yelled or was disrepectful. I simply repeated that I want a full refund mailed to me. I didn't give up so he hung-up when I wouldn't back down.

Well, I filed a Better Business Bureau claim. And, I've started posting online and telling friends about the fraudulent practices of ClearCredit.com. I have offered to make a retraction once I get my stolen money back. I have written 2 letters, made 4 phone calls, sent them 18 emails, and posted on 6 online chat boards for various topics. I plan to continue this as long as it takes. This can be my new hobby!