Complaint Review: Coharie Intra-Tribal Council

• Submitted: Thu, September 25, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, May 15, 2014

• Reported By:Clinton North Carolina
Coharie Intra-Tribal Council
7531 N US 421 HWY Clinton, North Carolina U.S.A.

Coharie Intra-Tribal Council They using federal goverment money to do cheap and bad repairs to homes and pockect the rest of the money. Clinton North Carolina

*General Comment: Betrayal by our own People...

*Consumer Suggestion: Really

*Consumer Comment: There is more

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Coharie intra tribal council scams

We were granted a home loan through the Coharie Intra-Tribal Council funded by the federal government. The loan was to purshase a home. We purchased a home for less then the loan. The home needed some repairs and we were to use the rest of the loan,but with all kinds of stipulations on it. They wanted us to use their contract working to fix our roof and windows and we didnt have a choice in the matter when it came to that. The contractor did more damages than repairs. We were left with hugh holes in our roof and now we have several leaks. Come to find out their worker is not licsened or bonded. It is believed that they have been misusing the federal governments money. They get cheap and bad labor to repair the homes and pocket the rest of the money. This has been done to several people in the area. It is also believe that they are giving this money to people that work at the center who arent even navtive american. Its going on 3 months sice I reported the leaks and still no work has been done to repair our roof. We need help with an investigation in this Croacked Coharie Tribal Council Scam.

Clinton, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/25/2008 02:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Coharie-Intra-Tribal-Council/Clinton-North-Carolina-28328/Coharie-Intra-Tribal-Council-They-using-federal-goverment-money-to-do-cheap-and-bad-repair-375803. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Coharie Intra-Tribal Council

#1 General Comment

Betrayal by our own People...

AUTHOR: Richard - ()

I am a 27 yr/old Coharie man. I have tried many times over the past  10 years to apply for

Tribal  assistants with NO avail . I am very upset that all the calls and applications i filled out for help

was completely ignored due to the greed and ignorants of (sad to say) my tribal council. All i want is

for all real Coharie tribal members to be treated equally and fairly. I have a 2yearold son and 3mounth

old daughter with my Coharie wife and neither of us have evet been helped by our tribe. They're answer

to my Wife and I has always been there is a freeze on the funds right now, we aren't accepting section 8

applications right now. Pretty much beating around the bush for the past 10 years. From my

understanding these funds that have been taken by the council members for there own personal

gain, is actually meant to help all the Coharie People, not just the council and there immediate family's.

I would like to see these purpatrators brought to justice for the fraudulant crimes.I would also like to

see the people that haven't been helped finally get help its ONLY FAIR.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: crybaby - ()

Are you kidding me. All you need to do is get a loan like everybody else does thu the bank then you can hire anyone you wish and another thing im sick and tired of working like a dog to pay taxs for our state to give anyone claiming to be indian my money without proof your are truly indian and from what ive seen i really question if indian blood really runs in your veins finaly quit crying get off goverment and state support and get a job and most important quit whinning

There is more

You are correct and (tonight) the meeting tonight at the CITCI was proof.The CITCI board just voted and passed a resolution to spend the $80,000.00 in rehab monies to pay off their Skippers restaurant loan.The Chairman and Chief Jacobs said the people of the community are in agreement that they should divert the funds for rehab of homes to payoff a non-working restaurant.

The vote was unaminous.

The Coharie Intra-Tribal Council has $740,000.00 in "unaccounted for funds as of right now.There has been an effort to "find it" but they just keep it quiet.The CITCI has done their rehab and homeownership projects with NO permits for the most part.

The CITCI is a 501c3 and has to release public documentation to anyone in the public.They do not do so.Lawyer letters are in their posession right now demanding the release of the financial statements.

They do not want others to see the documents because it will show Janella Williams (enrollment officer),Katherine Simmons Hernandez (fiscal officer),Carol Brewington (original board member),and many other insiders getting assistance for themselves.

Here are just a few examples-

Janella Williams -HVAC (Aug 16,2010) although she works there.

Katherine Simmons Hernandez-HVAC for herself-May 2010

Carol Brewington -HVAC For herself (Aug 16,2010)

These people are paid and have the best of benefits.

There is more on this site under non-profit orgs/same title Coharie Intra-Tribal Council Inc.

The should have used tis 80k to repair your homes!

Some of the contractors are not even insured or liscensed.The Chief (Gene Jacobs) who by the way is a felon and served time in Federal Prison for endangering the public safety by "bleaching dead and dying pigs and mixing the meat with feces and urine" while he was a USDA inspector,actually brought a proposal to a meeting recently for a contractor who was only recently released from prison.This man is a felon as well.This "contractor" is a rental property resident of the Chief Gene Jacobs.

The Tribal Administrator (Greg Jacobs) is a felon as well.Mr Jacobs can't be the Executive Director,as he can't get bonded because of also being a felon.

We do have absolute proof and it is coming.There is another complaint of the same name Coharie Intra-Tribal Council Inc on this site under the non-profit section.

There are many of us that I now have talked to that were done the same way.

#4 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Coharie intra tribal council scams

AUTHOR: Mattie - (United States of America)

I seen the other report on this matter and had to post...i agree onehundred percent.i was aproved for the home grant but they told me I had to find my on place,and the tax value on it had to be 10.000 or more no less,im in my forth month of trying to find a place for my child and I,its nearly imposible ti find something like that,my child and I had been living in a homeless shelter and now back on the couch with family,i know of one of the women thats on the coharie Council,and she has a two story home,nice car,or if u call the coharie building you get an answering machine,they seem to never be at work,or return your phone calls,i guarantee you aint none of them drivin a bum car or living in a shack!i wish I could talk with the main person in charge or contact the goverment..maybe then we can get the help we need!! Thanks for readying(rightback)there not trying to help noone but themselfs