Complaint Review: Colemanfurnture.com

• Updated: Thu, June 20, 2013

• Reported By: anonymous — Salisbury Maryland
Colemanfurnture.com
Internet USA

Colemanfurnture.com furniture broke within 5 days of receiving; they will not repair or replace  Internet

*Author of original report: Complete BS

*UPDATE Employee: Commited to customer satisfaction

I am a single mother with two children.  I used my tax refund to buy furniture for me and my children.  We bought a Sofa, chair and a half and a recliner from Colemanfurniture.com.  Since it was Ashley furniture, I believed it would be good quality.  The sofa and chair and a half are very nice.  The recliner however has just basically fallen apart within 5 days of receiving it.  The back just gave away and if you try to recline it twists terribly.

Since this was clearly defective I called them immediately, sent pictures and description of the problem.  They sent a mechanism in a box but refused to set up a repair person to do the repair.  I filed a complaint with BBB and was advised they are a C- business.

I cannot afford to go to court and I also contacted Ashley furniture. [continued below]....

.....  They told me it was at the descretion of the retailer to handle defective merchandise, warranty items and repairs.  Bottom line, I bought a new recliner and I have a piece of junk and they refuse to do anything about it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2013 05:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Colemanfurnturecom/internet/Colemanfurnturecom-furniture-broke-within-5-days-of-receiving-they-will-not-repair-or-r-1060834. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Colemanfurnture.com

Complete BS

AUTHOR: anonymous - ()

Very nice sounding rebuttal.  However, the truth is, I spoke with coleman every week for 8 weeks; Joe (no longer there) Stephen (caught in a lie about scheduling repair) and Amy (admitted Stephen was doing nothing, but never heard from her again).

Went through the BBB site and was told this was a C- company for this very reason and my only other option would be small claims court, because they would not resolve this in a reasonable manner and they were confident I didn't have the time or money to file, therefore there was no incentive for them to handle this fairly.

So, go ahead and keep repeating that meaningless crap. The bottom line is, I am stuck with a piece of junk.

I got ripped off by this company and everyone needs to be warned.

Commited to customer satisfaction

AUTHOR: Coleman Furniture Customer Care - ()

Here at Coleman Furniture, we are commited to customer satisfaction. Furniture is delivered and setup in the customer's home, and customer had a chance to inspect items to ensure that all is well.

If an issue develops later, we do not tell customer's too bad, but have terms and conditions in regards to warranties. The customer is responsible to arrange for the repair in this case, and we will refund the costs, as long as the proper warrantty form and written predetermined comensation forms are completed.

We do not have information on which customer this is - and will be happy to help this and any customer on any issues. We have been servicing customers accross the continental US for the past 14 years, and offer free full white glove delivery and setup by a professional furniture delivery company on most orders.

Please call our customer service department at 800-974-5255 ext 2 and we will be happy to review your issues and have them resolved.