Complaint Review: Columbia House

Columbia House
columbiahouse.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Columbia House Identity theft ripoff Indiana Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: A Way to Help

I am a professor at a local community college and one of my disgruntled students signed me up for about 25 magazines and Columbia House DVD Club. I received my first "movie" and call to cancel, actually got a person and she stated that they would be sending out a "return label" so that I could return it and that my subscription was cancelled. Additionally, she stated that if I received any notices, just disregard them.

A couple of weeks passed with no response, then I get a bill at my home saying I owe 12.95 instead of 9.95 due to a late fee. Also, there have been several notices about "Director Selections" that I must respond to or they would have been shipped.

I have tried to cancel via a real person with no success for the last 4 days. I have cancelled via the phone although the recording says that I still owe the previous money as well as the amount for the 4 remaining DVD's that I have not received due to breach of contract.

THIS IS A SCAM! It is too bad that identity theft will not cover the cost of this and you can't even speak to a human being!

Holly
Lebanon, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/03/2006 07:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Columbia-House/nationwide/Columbia-House-Identity-theft-ripoff-Indiana-Internet-189754. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Columbia House

#1 Consumer Suggestion

A Way to Help

AUTHOR: Amy - (U.S.A.)

Here is a helpful hint. When you call, in the beginning of the call ask what the representatives name is that you are speaking to after doing so, state what you need done. If they do not do it, call back and ask for a supervisor.

If they ask why (and they will), tell them that you were not treated appropriately by (give the name)DO NOT MENTION ANYTHING ABOUT ANY CREDIT CARD ISSUES WHEN ASKING FOR A SUPERVISOR. They will not transfer the call.

Once you speak to a supervisor inform them that the rep did not follow through and you need it justified. The supervisor must follow through. Unfortunately some reps do not know how to do their jobs there.

Inform supervisor you ssent back the movies and cancelled in time.