Complaint Review: Community Savings

• Submitted: Tue, November 09, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, November 09, 2004

• Reported By:Enon Ohio
Community Savings
P.O. Box 2636 Champlain, New York U.S.A.

Community Savings rip-off! Credit card scam! Champlain New York

Sometime between September and early October I received a call but can't remember the womans name. She stated I was approved for a $3000.00 credit card. I told her I already had a credit card. She said that was okay, wouldn't I like to have a larger amount. I told her yes. At the time I was going through a trying time and was very upset. So I gave her the information she needed and then she switched me over to someone else. When my husband came in I told him about it and he said call that number back and cancel it so I did.

A man by the name of David called me from customer service and said they couldn't cancel it because it was already in the system. Then changed the date to sometime this month. I came on line here to check it out and I am calling my bank as well as this person named David and letting him know we know it is a fraud and I reported it. How these people get peoples phone numbers and try this on them is beyond me. I will sue their pants off if any money is taking from our account. People beware ALWAYS check things out.

Sue & Richard
Enon, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/09/2004 12:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Community-Savings/Champlain-New-York-12919/Community-Savings-rip-off-Credit-card-scam-Champlain-New-York-116888. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Community Savings