Complaint Review: Consumer First Platinum

• Submitted: Fri, July 04, 2003
  • Updated: Fri, July 04, 2003

• Reported By:Twentynine Palms California
Consumer First Platinum
P O Box 15386 Tampa, Florida U.S.A.

Consumer First Platinum It Happened To Me Too. ripoff Tampa Florida

It happened to me too. My husband and I have just started our family and our credit. We applied to so many credit card companies to establish some sort of credit and was either turned away or they wanted an arm and a leg for a deposit, so when we received a letter from Consumer First Platium we were excited.

I sent back the letter and enclosed a check for the amount requested for the membership fee of $45.00. A few weeks later I received the letter back with another letter with it stating I forgot to sign. However my check that I sent to them had already been deposited in their account and on my bank statement before they recieved my signature. I didn't think anything of it then because I hadn't noticed until after received their catalog.

We received our "package" from Consumer First we were very disapointed to find it wasn't a "credit card" to be used anywhere, but only to be used with their catalog. So please beware. Pay close attention to what is worded before sending any money anywhere. This was a hard lesson learned.

Crystylle
Twentynine Palms, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/04/2003 07:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Consumer-First-Platinum/Tampa-Florida-33684-5386/Consumer-First-Platinum-It-Happened-To-Me-Too-ripoff-Tampa-Florida-62769. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Consumer First Platinum