Complaint Review: Copeland ,World-wide Vacation Marketing

• Submitted: Thu, July 12, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, July 12, 2007

• Reported By:Alexandria Virginia
Copeland ,World-wide Vacation Marketing
1500 Beville Re. STE 606-368 Daytona Beach, Florida U.S.A.

Copeland World-wide Vacation Marketing Hard-sell lying scam marketers Daytona Beach Florida

In April I received an unsolicited call to my office by Anthony McDermott, who was specifically mentioned by another victim on this site. After sending the fax to him I immediately had buyer's remorse and faxed and called WWVM my recision of the contract. I also called my credit card company (Citi MC) to cancel my account and dispute the charge.

Tuesday July 10, I received a nasty phone call from Anthony who said he'd gotten a call from their financial department on my dispute and tried to talk me out of it. He hung up on me when I told him he'd never keep a dime of mine.

I immediately called my credit card company and they said they put in another dispute and WWVM has until August 28 to responde. While I was on the phone I did a google search at both the ComplaintBoard site and your site. I told the CC person what I found. I also tried to call the FL Atty Gen'ls office but it was after 5pm. Meanwhile, on the way home I read the order that the AG had investigated and found blatant and fraudulent business practices. Obviously some of us missed the May 31, 2007 deadline for refunds in this docket.

However, when I called the AG's office this am, I explained that they were now doing business under WWVM but their business practices had not changed a bit. BethAnn told me that she would get my complaint to the investigators and they would be contacting me next week.

I am sure that those of us can get into the next round, as the court documents said that any future non-compliance with the provisions of the AVC is prima facie evidence of violation of State Code and would be subject to any and all civil penalties and sanctions authorized by law.

Because I was able to link McDermott to Copeland and WWVM, I think this will be the nail in the casket of these scammers. I am willing to fight all the way to shut them down.

Lea
Alexandria, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2007 10:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Copeland-World-wide-Vacation-Marketing/Daytona-Beach-Florida-32114/Copeland-World-wide-Vacation-Marketing-Hard-sell-lying-scam-marketers-Daytona-Beach-Florid-260381. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Copeland ,World-wide Vacation Marketing