Complaint Review: Corporate Research Vision & Money Gram

• Updated: Sat, June 02, 2007

• Reported By:Charlottesville Virginia
Corporate Research Vision & Money Gram
4170 Still Creek Drive Unit 35 Burnaby, British Columbia Canada

Corporate Research Vision - Money Gram Beware of Counterfeit Check from Corporate Research Vision or "Opinion4Cash" : BIG TIME SCAM ripoff Burnaby British Columbia

*Consumer Comment: Similar situation

*Consumer Suggestion: What to do about this scam

I got an email from Corporate Research Vision (CRV)claiming that they saw my resume on American Job Bank. In the email, there was a link to the website where a person (victim like me) enter personal info to be chosen as a Mystery Shopper. And I did.

A week later I got a mail with a $1500.00 Cashier Check and intructions on how to conduct the mystery shop. The check looked official. So I deposited the check on April 13th in my account (Fiscal Credit Union). The teller told me there will be a 5 days hold on the check. And I said fine.

The check was cleared on Wednesday on the 18th. The letter had the instruction to send $1300.00 via Money Gram and to send it to Tonya Jul which has absolutely no relation to me. anyway, I send the money on Sunday April 23rd and faxed the receipt to CRV and also email the report and all the info to their account@corporate-researchvision.com.

I check my account online Monday morning (I check my account everyday) and everything was still fine. But when I check my account in the evening my account was negative and it had a message that check was a counterfeit. How can a bank clear a check and 4 days later turn around and say it's a counterfeit. Why did they clear it in the first place? I called Money Gram but they said the money I sent was already picked up. How can I get my money back. I need help.

Paksa
Charlottesville, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/23/2007 09:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Corporate-Research-Vision-Money-Gram/Burnaby-British-Columbia-V5C-6C6/Corporate-Research-Vision-Money-Gram-Beware-of-Counterfeit-Check-from-Corporate-Research-245445. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Corporate Research Vision & Money Gram

Similar situation

AUTHOR: Sherreese - (U.S.A.)

I had a situation like that happen to me. I went to my bank with a check and got cash back. Now the bank may clear it, because you already have that amount in your bank account. If you did not have the funds in your bank account then they would not allow you to get cash back on the transaction. I was stupid and did not go to the person's bank and went to my own. Well my account was looking good, but days later I checked it and they had taken money out of my account, because the check had insufficient funds.

I am glad you put the report about Corporate Research Vision. Sent me something by FedEx that I was not expecting. Then wanted me to send Dawn Long, whom is not related to me. Telling me I do not have to put down the address for her. Who did they think they were fooling. I use to do Moneygrams all the time and we ask for all that information. I knew that the company did not sound legit.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

What to do about this scam

AUTHOR: Kevin - (U.S.A.)

This is a common scam. Unfortunatly you probably won't get your money back, but you can report this scam to the RCMP(Royal Canadian Mounted Police) Economic Crime Unit. You can file a report online at www.recol.ca or you can call 1-888-495-8501.