Complaint Review: Crafter's Choice

• Submitted: Thu, December 14, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, January 27, 2007

• Reported By:Raleigh North Carolina
Crafter's Choice
1225 South Market Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Crafter's Choice - Literary Guild Select - One Spirit - Book Of The Month Club -Quality Paperback Book Club Ripoff Deceptive Advertising Mechanicsburg Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: One Spirit is a great club

This company practices deceptive advertising techniques. They have sent numerous emails and physical mail to me touting their "Buy Now Pay Nothing Until March 2007" gimmick. NOWHERE on these advertisements do they list any restrictions concerning limits. You actually are limited in the amount of items you can order and if you have never bought from them you cannot order without prepaying. A blatant act of deception. Please stay away from this business and spread the word of their wrongdoing. Their customer service takes forever to get back to you and they make it difficult to obtain their phone numbers.

Joseph
Raleigh, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2006 05:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Crafters-Choice/Mechanicsburg-Pennsylvania-17055/Crafters-Choice-Literary-Guild-Select-One-Spirit-Book-Of-The-Month-Club-Quality-Pa-225450. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Crafter's Choice

One Spirit is a great club

AUTHOR: Linda - (U.S.A.)

I have been a member of the One Spirit Book Club for a couple of years now and I have never had any problems with my shipments, charges, customer service etc. Well, perhaps two incidents.

Once I was charged for two books I did not receive or order. I emailed the company and the charges were deleted no questions asked. This Christmas, 2006, I ordered a book for my daughter as a gift and rec'd the wrong book. I emailed them and since it was three days before Christmas I didn't expect to receive the book, but it was delivered the next day! I still have the book I rec'd in error and have not yet contacted One Spirit as to what action I need to take. I probably would have to send it back via Post Office! Big Hassle! But since it is a book I thought of ordering anyway I am just going to keep it.

I am in no way negating your annoyance with One Spirit, I just wanted to mention that I have never had any problems. Perhaps I have just been lucky so far.
Linda C. Chicago, Illinois