Complaint Review: Credit Education Group / First Choice

• Submitted: Fri, March 21, 2003
  • Updated: Sat, March 22, 2003

• Reported By:New Bedford Massachusetts
Credit Education Group / First Choice
10624 So. Eastern Ave. Suite 11345 Henderson, Nevada U.S.A.

Credit Education Group, First Choice rip-off Henderson Nevada

*Author of original report: seems that they are in quite a few states and all have the same telephone

I received a call from a salesman of this so called Credit Education Group that helps people who have been out of the credit card world according to this salesman get a $5,000.00 credit limit Visa or Mastercard. He then stated that it would cost me $298.00 which had a Money Back Guarantee if I was not satisfied. Well I fell for it and gave him my checking account info and a date that they could draw the $298.00 on.

He then informed me that I would be receiving a packet in the mail within 15 days he also gave me his name and a confirmation number and told me at this time he was going to switch me over to another man who stated that our conversation would be recorded for quality customer care purposes. After he repeated all the info that I told the first person he hung up abruptly.

Well a couple of days went by and I received a call with a female on the other end who began too give me the same sales pitch as the man did, I immediately stopped her in her tracks and told her that I was called a couple of days ago. She said to me Oh Really and was sorry to bother me .

Now I began to smell something fishy and came to the computer and entered the name Credit Education Group into Sherlock, when that name popped up I clicked on it and behold Ripoffreport.com appeared and the warning that this was a Scam.

Well I immediately went to the ATM and withdrew and left just enough to keep the account open. The next day sure enough the $298.00 was waiting verification. Luckily it did not go through because lack of funds and I quickly closed that account and filled out a stop payment in case they attempted to wack my new account...!!!

I tip my hat too Ripoffreport and you bet I will be send them a donation.

Casimiro
New Bedford, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2003 03:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-Education-Group-First-Choice/Henderson-Nevada-59052/Credit-Education-Group-First-Choice-rip-off-Henderson-Nevada-50123. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit Education Group / First Choice

seems that they are in quite a few states and all have the same telephone

AUTHOR: Casimiro - (U.S.A.)

Well it seems that they are in quite a few states and all have the same telephone # 1-800-704-9552. I called and got through, I spoke to what seemed to be an elderly female. I told her that I thought Cedit Education Group was a scam and she stated that it was the one in Arizona. I then Asked her where she was located and she gave me the Henderson, Nevada adress. I then asked her for the salesman who gave me his name. She stated that she worked in the customers service dept and that if I went too ripoffreport.com I would see that it was the Credit Education Group in Arizona that was ripping people off. I told her I did and what a coincidence that Arizona had the same telephone # as Nevada, she then hung up....!!