Complaint Review: Credit Report America

• Submitted: Tue, May 12, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, May 13, 2009

• Reported By:traverse city Michigan
Credit Report America
www.creditreportamerica.com/ http://www.EqualOpportunityRentals.com/freecreditreport.html Internet U.S.A.

Credit Report America Craigslist Condo Listing-TOTAL RIP OFF Northern Michigan Internet

*Consumer Comment: Almost fell for it

I was looking on Craigslist for apartments and condos and I saw a beautiful condo so i replied to the poster. She sent me an email back with an application and a site to go to for a credit report for the application (http://www.EqualOpportunityRentals.com/freecreditreport.html). This site directly took me to the credit report america site. I did not find this unusual since I have had to do this before for an application. When i signed up for the FREE credit report...i never got it. They told me I had to mail a bunch of stuff to get my report sent to me. A few days later I checked my bank account and low and behold there was a charge for 29.99 and another charger for 2.95. I called to cancel my account and they acted like it didnt bother them. Normally when you call to cancel they try to talk you out of it.
BEWARE- This is a total scam and they also have your account information in the end.

Timenotspace
traverse city, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/12/2009 05:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-Report-America/internet/Credit-Report-America-Craigslist-Condo-Listing-TOTAL-RIP-OFF-Northern-Michigan-Internet-450932. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit Report America

Almost fell for it

AUTHOR: Erika - (U.S.A.)

I saw his posting on Wmass CL. I emailed asking what town it was in, got the spiel on his company and how i need to get my credit report blah blah blah. As a consumer, i have a copy of one myself on hand so i dont need to get another copy. But the fact the email he sent in response sounded fishy, i googled his company...and found lots and lots of complaints on this guy..went to flag the listing on CL and it had already been taken down. the guy is a sleeze