Complaint Review: Creditor's Financial Group

• Submitted: Wed, February 06, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, February 06, 2008

• Reported By:GP Texas
Creditor's Financial Group
3131 South Vaughn Way, STE 110 Aurora, Colorado U.S.A.

Creditor's Financial Group Abusive Harassment and Threatening to Force Mother to Pay Aurora Colorado

This organization called demanding payment for a debt I owed, to which I said I could not pay at the moment. The collectors brought up that unbeknownst to me I was apparently an authorized signer on my mother's credit card. They threatened to "shut down" the card account and make my mother liable for my debt based on that. They called repeatedly over a period of 10-15 minutes with insults and other abusive language eventually saying they didn't want to talk to me and only wanted to speak to my mother.

When I informed them that what they were doing was possibly illegal, they responded that they didn't care because if I can't even pay my debts then I can't possibly afford a lawyer. Eventually they said that they would contact my mother about my debt and refused to speak to me anymore.

I've owed money to various creditors for quite some time and I've never had any debt collector (whether original creditor or third-party collector) use this tactic of threatening my family members with action because of my debt. Very aggressive, mean, unethical, and unprofessional to say the least.

GP, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2008 08:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Creditors-Financial-Group/Aurora-Colorado-80014/Creditors-Financial-Group-Abusive-Harassment-and-Threatening-to-Force-Mother-to-Pay-Auror-306863. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Creditor's Financial Group