Complaint Review: Crossamerica Health Plans Multiplan National Congress Of Employers

• Submitted: Mon, May 19, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, May 19, 2008

• Reported By:columbus Ohio
Crossamerica Health Plans Multiplan National Congress Of Employers
Po Box 5778 Parsippany, New Jersey U.S.A.

Crossamerica Health Plans Multiplan National Congress Of Employers Deception in Health Insurance benefits Parsippany New Jersey

Last June, my husband and I decided we wanted to have a baby. Before we conceived, we knew we needed to get health insurance because having a baby is expensive. I went online and requested several quotes from health insurance companies. My husband and I compared quotes and insurance coverage between many companies. Most of the quotes we recieved were much lower, but the insurance coverage was too. We finally decided on a company called CrossAmerica Health Plans. The premium each month would be an agreed $245. (EXPENSIVE) The coverage would be 1. 10,000 coverage on any hospital stay ( 1 per calendar year) 2. Full maternity coverage (Doctors visits) 3. Discount eye coverage 4. Discount dental coverage. Obviously 1 & 2 were the most important. I requested a copy of my coverage from my broker on 3 separate occasions. I still haven't received a copy.

Well, we conceived in September, and later that month I had to make a hospital visit for a urinary tract infection. I was held in the emergency room for about 6 hours and then discharged. The next day the hospital called back and said I had an Ectopic pregnancy (pregnancy in my tube), and I needed to come back in. They re-admitted me, and took me to the surgery ward. I wasn't convinced I had an ectopic pregnancy, so I requested a second ultrasound. My husband and I prayed over the unborn child. The next ultrasound indicated that there was no ectopic pregnancy, and I was discharged.

About a month later I called CrossAmerica because I had misplaced my insurance card, and I needed to give the hospital my insurance info. During that call, I found out my broker had been terminated from the company. I requested a copy of my benefits again, without results.
In april, CrossAmerica sent me a letter that looked more like a bill. It had my name, account info, the amount of the hospital stay, and it said claim in processing. (Very hard to understand)

In May, I got a letter from a collections agency stating that I was responsible for the bill. I thought maybe there was some kind of miscommunication between the hospital and my insurance provider, so I called the hospital. The hospital said that Crossamerica was only going to pay for $500 of a 6,000 hospital bill. Let's review... I pay 245 dollars a month to only have 500 dollars coverage? Since it's been 11 months now... I've paid 2,695. The broker lied to me!

The worse part is now that I'm trying to straighten this situation out, crossamerica keeps sending me back and forth between their departments, and no one can help me because the broker has been fired!!!

A*
columbus, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/19/2008 02:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Crossamerica-Health-Plans-Multiplan-National-Congress-Of-Employers/Parsippany-New-Jersey-07054/Crossamerica-Health-Plans-Multiplan-National-Congress-Of-Employers-Deception-in-Health-Ins-333515. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Crossamerica Health Plans Multiplan National Congress Of Employers