• Report: #472062

• Submitted: Tue, July 21, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, July 21, 2009

• Reported By:Phoenix Arizona
Custom Audio - Chris Tedesco
12621 N. Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd. Scottsdale, Arizona U.S.A.

Custom Audio-Chris Tedesco Paramax P-509 Speaker Scam Scottsdale Arizona

*Consumer Comment: Happens to everyone

I was approached by a turquoise blue truck in the Albertson's Parking lot on Riggs and Gilber Rd. by two white males, while they were in their truck. The driver Chris Tedesco asked if I was willing to purchase a home theatre system because he was on his way to a job site to install the system, but his vendor purchaser the wrong system. He was very friendly and explained that he didn't want any fights at his job site and had to do something to sell the system. And he would be so grateful if I would help him and it would be great.

He pulled out a catalog showing the system was work $2999.00 and that he would sell it to me for the as "much as my ATM would let me draw in a day"; I attempted to leave at least twice and was very convincing that this was a great deal and my husband would be so excited. He even told me that i should promise him not to sell it on ebay or craigslist.

Eventually, i drew $200 from my account and he gave me a business card and wrote a "customaudio-PS09-HS-7071" on the back to validate the warranty. The wires, cables, speakers and center speaker are all in the box taped and completely looks legitimate. Don't be fooled.

In hindsight I should have ignored him like i do most people who are fast talkers. Chris is a white male, 5'10, and light brown hair and a smoker. He was wearing shorts, a white polo shirt, a Titaliest visor, sun glasses and flip flops.

I plan on filing a police report with the gilbert police department tomorrow. I'm disguisted by how naive i was, but I'm more appauled at how repulsive people can be for something so common as money. In the end, it's just money and I'm glad that i wasn't hurt in anyway because one day Chris will answer to someone else other than me.

Upset in Chandler
Phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2009 09:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Custom-Audio-Chris-Tedesco/Scottsdale-Arizona/Custom-Audio-Chris-Tedesco-Paramax-P-509-Speaker-Scam-Scottsdale-Arizona-472062. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Custom Audio - Chris Tedesco

Happens to everyone

AUTHOR: Jrh4250 - (U.S.A.)

Hello I am also a "victim" of these two men. When i read the report i was shocked because these were the same gentlemen that approached me in the same veheicle. With a truck full of home theater systems and a resonable price for their "extra" merchandise i took the offer. But all was well, he opened the box and showed me it wasnt inlaid with bricks but a home theater system. I set the system up and it worked and sounds great.

My question to you is what was wrong with your system?