Complaint Review: DBS Home Stuffers, Robert Hancock

• Submitted: Thu, July 24, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, July 24, 2003

• Reported By:Hondo Texas
DBS Home Stuffers, Robert Hancock
PO Box 2017 Parker, Colorado U.S.A.

DBS Home Stuffers, Robert Hancock ripoff work at home scam Parker Colorado

*Consumer Suggestion: Please access: www.usps.com of Postal Inspectors

Wanted a job I could do from home, found this one, Mr. Rober Hancock stated that he was and honest person and that he was looking for honest people to work from home.

Letter stated that I had his word that If I did my part he would do his and send me my check. All I had to do was send in a $25.00 money order to the address he provided, if I was accepted I would receive my information on how to get started. If I was not accepted I would receive my money back.

I received my letter within a week saying that I had been accepted, the next thing I needed to do was to send in $1.00 / $5.00 depending on if I wanted 1 package or all five on how to get started. I sent in $5.00 because I really needed to get going so that I could pay my bills. I never received anything else from them.

In the acceptance letter it says that if I don't hear from them to write them, so that is what I did, that did not do anything either.

All I wanted was something I could do from home to help out with our bills so that my husband did not have to pull all weight, so much for HONEST people!

Carol
Hondo, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/24/2003 05:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DBS-Home-Stuffers-Robert-Hancock/Parker-Colorado-80134/DBS-Home-Stuffers-Robert-Hancock-ripoff-work-at-home-scam-Parker-Colorado-64597. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DBS Home Stuffers, Robert Hancock

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Please access: www.usps.com of Postal Inspectors

AUTHOR: Jacqueline - (U.S.A.)

The U.S. Postal Inspectors have an online claim for at www.usps.com. If you could fill out that form, it would add to the number of people being Ripped-off by Robert Hancock. This may put us closer to possibly receiving help. One of the reasons it is so easy for them to get away with stealing money is because no one ever reports them to law enforcement. Truthfully the Postal Inspectors may not necessarily respond, but the information gets used to build a case of evidence, with enough money lost, and consumers victimized they can respond.

It sounds like you are now close to the final stage. You will eventually receive your final package to set the Pyramid Scheme into effect. Basically, if you decide to pursue this further, you advertise and collect $25 from other people, to pull them into the chain. This is Nationwide now, and is climbing onto the Internet. It doesn't sound like you plan on working with them, but just for the record, it is illegal.

You might want to discuss this with your own Post Master to see what they might have to offer. If you don't want to be implicated, then cut all ties with them. When they send you that final package, save it for the record, along with other receipts, forms and correspondance.

Hope this helps, and please contact the Postal Inspectors.