Complaint Review: DISH Network

Dept. 0063 Palatine, Illinois United States of America
  • Phone: 1-800-333-3474
  • Web:
  • Category: Customer

DISH Network Roof damage caused by installation of equipment....instructions given by company followed...pictures submitted....repairs made...reimbursement sought...phone calls & e-mails ignored. Palatine, Illinois

*UPDATE Employee: Roof Damages

Signed on with DISH 12/19/11....live in Lake Havasu City, Az.....get very little rain...however, on 7/14/12 we had a monsoon that lasted several days.

Due to incorrect installation of Dish on the roof, we had a huge leak and water came pouring thru a light fixture in our newly remodeled walk in shower in the master bath damaging the ceiling....

(I should mention that when the dish was installed my husband requested it not to be installed on the roof and was told that's where it had to go.)

We reported the problem immediately (to at least six different people )and was told not to make any repairs until their inspector could assess the damage....we informed them that rain was forecast for the next several days and we were concerned not only about the roof damage but  that the ceiling was about to collapse...they then instructed us to take pictures (which we did)....they then  sent a tech out to move the dish....(which he moved off the roof )...he saw the damage before any repairs were made.

They then sent out two inspectors, who saw the roof after repairs were made....they also stressed the fact that we should have pictures.

We were then referred to Nick Vigil in Littleton, Co. who asked for a letter describling the problem along with pictures....which we complied with.

He in turn passed us off to Mr. Sunil (also in Colorodo)....I last spoke to him on 9/11/12 at 1:15p.m.

He was very accomodating and pacified me by saying he had to check in with his field man and if I didn't hear from him in a couple of days, I should call him on his direct line....which I did  several times a week for three weeks....I left a message each time and never heard back from him.

I then e-mailed Dish on 10/2/12 and asked for their co-operation in accepting some sort of responsibility ...also asking them if I was obligated to hire an attorney or taking this matter to small claims court...again....no response.

To add insult to injury, they added $65.00 to one of our bills for the Tech's visit....we did get that one waived!!

Thank you so much for having a site such as yours to vent my frustration....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/09/2012 10:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DISH-Network/Palatine-Illinois-60055-0063/DISH-Network-Roof-damage-caused-by-installation-of-equipmentinstructions-given-by-com-952805. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DISH Network

Roof Damages

AUTHOR: MikeH_Dish - (USA)

Hi Barbara, my name is Mike Houston a Social Media
Representative at DISH. I do want to say I am sorry to hear about your roof,
have you received a call or e-mail from us regarding the damages? Would you be
able to e-mail me with the details as they stand right now? My e-mail is Michael.houston@dish.com