Complaint Review: Days Inn

• Submitted: Wed, March 15, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, March 25, 2006

• Reported By:Aberdeen South Dakota
Days Inn
3250 East Jefferson Ave. Detroit, Michigan U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-441-1618
  • Web:
  • Category: Motels

Days Inn Hotel DIDN'T WARN ME There was NOISY AND SMELLY CONSTRUCTION ON PREMISES. Didn't Even Refund Horrible Dealings! Detroit Michigan

*Consumer Suggestion: WHAT TIME DID THIS CONSTRUCTION TAKE PLACE

Days Inn, was the worst ever. I called directly to the premises I iwas to stay, I paid with a credit card, to hold a room. The Clerk DID NOT WARN ME. that there was construction and paint fumes on the premises, and if I couldn't handle with noise try coming when the hotel was finsihed. When I was dropped off, it was quiet and being so tired I really didn't think to ask, would there be noise. He said it was a nice peaceful place. Plus the clerk told me there are no refunds, when I paid in advance. OK, so after passing the hall of wet smelly paint, I got settle in, about 1 hour later, I heard these machines and demoltion, reconstructing, etc. which lasted about 5 hours. I finally relaxed, still smelling the paint, but not as strong now. I got some rest, but not enough, cause I was awakened by the machinery again, this was the last straw, 8:45 am, check-out time wasn't til 11 am, but I had to just leave.

Spoke to the clerk and he refused to refund, called customer service, in south Dakota, 1(800)441-1618, they acted like I was trying to rip them off, when in fact they riped me off.

Like it's my tough Luck

Robert
Aberdeen, South Dakota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/15/2006 11:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Days-Inn/Detroit-Michigan-48207/Days-Inn-Hotel-DIDNT-WARN-ME-There-was-NOISY-AND-SMELLY-CONSTRUCTION-ON-PREMISES-Didnt-181481. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Days Inn

#1 Consumer Suggestion

WHAT TIME DID THIS CONSTRUCTION TAKE PLACE

AUTHOR: Gary - (U.S.A.)

Robert, you didn't mention in your report what time the construction took place. If it was at night (like after 9 pm,) I think you have a legitimate gripe. If not, the hotel certainly has the right to do construction during the day even if it is an inconvenience to guests. How else can renovations be done?

If the construction didn't occur at night and therefore didnt interfere with sleep, I don't think the clerk had an duty to inform you about any renovations taking place. The motel wants to maximize profits--not turn people away by unnecessarily forewarning them about construction that does not interfere with guests' comfort or sleep.