Complaint Review: DeVry - Chamberlain College Of Nursing

• Submitted: Tue, July 10, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, July 10, 2007

• Reported By:Ashland City Tennessee
DeVry - Chamberlain College Of Nursing
www.chamberlain.edu Saint Louis, Missouri U.S.A.

DeVry - Chamberlain College Of Nursing They offered me $1,000 compensation to keep my mouth shut! ripoff Saint Louis Missouri

All I can say is good luck to anyone accepted into DeVry's Chamberlain College of Nursing. I hope you are all in the Missouri area. I live in Tennessee. I've been attending there since 10/2006 online. I was supposed to start clinicals in June but all of a sudden. so they say, Tennessee is no longer accepting them.

So now they want to withdraw me and I've been sent an offer to refund all my tuition and $1000 to keep my mouth shut. The trouble is. I was on the Dean's List. they forget that for almost a year I have put my life into this program. Anyone in nursing school knows. it is your life. I begged them to let me come to St.Louis for a couple of weeks at a time to do clinicals (at my expense even) They said I had no option and they were withdrawing me. I've cried as much as I can cry.

I've retained an attorney. I've since learned there are others in the same situation as I am. I've even had government loans. I've had several attorney's legal advice before choosing one. I've heard everything from breach of contract to consumer protection act. you see, they sold something they never had to sell. I've put almost a year of my life into the dream of becoming a nurse. The credits are not transferable. I've spoken with over a dozen 2 yr nursing programs in Tennessee. We will be suing.

Ashland City, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/10/2007 08:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DeVry-Chamberlain-College-Of-Nursing/Saint-Louis-Missouri/DeVry-Chamberlain-College-Of-Nursing-They-offered-me-1000-compensation-to-keep-my-mout-260031. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DeVry - Chamberlain College Of Nursing