Complaint Review: Debcha Kennels

• Submitted: Tue, November 18, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, July 16, 2009

• Reported By:Grove City Ohio
Debcha Kennels
Grove City Road Grove City, Ohio U.S.A.

Debcha Kennels BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE Grove City Ohio

*Consumer Comment: Educated Responses Please...

*Consumer Comment: This seems to be a tad ridiculous

I bought a puppy from Zoofari (Debcha Kennels) in Grove City Ohio. I had this puppy for only 36 hours and he was vomiting and shaking so badly. I took him to the Vet and he tested positive for Coccidia, giardia and campylobacter and had to be treated for a mixed bacterial/yeast ear infection. When I contacted her she REFUSED to make this right claiming she does not cover vet bills which I understand but I wanted to inform her so she could protect the other dogs at her facility.
The vet said generally dogs get this from poor living conditions. His poor little ears were so bad. He was given IV fluids for dehydration and after a hefty vet bill he seems to be doing better. The owner was not even concerned about what the puppy had so she was not concerned about protecting the other dogs at her facility. Also, I have police reports that state while she was boarding someone's dog the dog got out. I'm sure she did not let the owner know about this which could be possibly fatal to a dog.
Ater posting this yesterday I have had SOOO many emails about others who have seen things you wouldn't dream of! It is absolutely sickening! They also have a location in Tiffin, Ohio and I hear it is WORSE than this one. Please Please don't ever ever take you furbaby there for grooming needs and do not ever buy a dog from them!!!! Puppy Mills like this need to be shut down and the owners should be prosecuted!

If you want to post a rebuttal try going to the Grove City police department FIRST and pulling her file! Ask around at the local vets like I did about all the sick dogs she sells that are very ill within a day or two after purchasing them. Pay for copies of the pictures like I did of a dead dog in this freezer and the horrible living conditions that are on file at the police department. Search the web about all of the horror stories about people and their dealing with this business. What is the common factor? It is not one or two unhappy customers. And if you are a local vet posting in her defense it is only because you are making a small fortune because she is keeping you in business. How is this place still in business?!?!?!?!

Ccmlccml
Grove City, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/18/2008 10:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Debcha-Kennels/Grove-City-Ohio-43123/Debcha-Kennels-BEWARE-BEWARE-BEWARE-Grove-City-Ohio-392667. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Debcha Kennels

Educated Responses Please...

AUTHOR: Czar - (U.S.A.)

Have you seen the deplorable conditions in the basement of this puppy mill?? You haven't seen the basement? Of course not- the owners wouldn't dare allow you to experience it!! I did. And I'll NEVER forget it!!
Caged bitches that do not see the light of day. These animals are matted and filthy. The owner used to hold classes (for a hefty fee of course!!) on grooming and would use their dogs to 'practice' on, getting her breeding dogs cleaned for free.

The owner has seemingly perfected the 'marketing' of a couple of breeds that are very cute and cuddly but will probably not come with papers. More often than not, they have health problems- most of which could be bred out but are not. Why would they? They are irresistable and they know they don't have to.

I have two dogs from this place. I never received papers for my older dog and we purchased another dog from someone who bought from these people but couldn't keep it. This younger pup also did not sell with papers and has a nervous system ailment that I'm quite sure this puppy mill is aware of but chooses to do nothing about it.

I wish anybody that decides to deal with this business much luck-especially if (when) you have problems and want resolution!

Disgruntled in Grove City

This seems to be a tad ridiculous

AUTHOR: Dogowner - (U.S.A.)

I purchased my dog from Debcha Kennels in January of 2008. He is a miniature schnauzer, who, other than ear mites, which are common in new puppies, has not had any major health issues. He has been nothing but a great addition to my family and I love him to pieces.

This report I am responding to is almost comical. I don't see how the police have not charged the owners with animal cruelty if what you are saying is correct. When I was there, I saw nothing but happy, playful puppies (there were, in my estimation, between 20-30 dogs there for sale at the time and not one was sickly looking). I was asked to sign papers that said I would have my puppy examined within a week by a vet, and to me, it shows that as business people, Debcha Kennels stand behind their products, as they do have a guarantee. My vet had seen plenty of dogs from there when I took my little pup in on the first day I got him, she had nothing but nice things to say about Debcha and the dogs that they sell.

I did not get papers because I did not get my dog fixed within the year that they had asked. My veterinarian has reassured me, however, that my dog is a full bred, happy miniature schnauzer who will probably be getting an adopted brother or sister from there soon. I adore all animals and would never even dream of supporting a place I got bad vibes from. In fact, I went there twice, the first time to pick out my dog, and second time (a week later) was to pick him up, and both times, I brought someone different with me, who also noted how nice everyone seemed inside and how they seem to be professional and caring about the animals.