Complaint Review: Debt Relief USA, INC

• Submitted: Fri, March 13, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, March 18, 2009

• Reported By:Mt. Vernon Indiana
Debt Relief USA, INC
16200 Addison Rd; Suite 105 Addison, Texas U.S.A.

Debt Relief USA Do not use Debt Relief agencies unless they are affiliated with the government or none profit Addison Texas

*Consumer Comment: A little internet research could have avoided this

I signed a contract with Debt Relief USA to resolve my $30,000 + credit card debt over a four year period at $400.00 a month. I made payments for 14 months in addition to a $39.00 monthly processing fee that I was not aware of, accruing almost $4,000.

I lost my $60,000 a year job and could no longer continue the payments to Debt Relief USA. After repeated phone calls to stop my automatic payment withdraws and to get a refund of my money, they reluctantly refunded $745.00 and kept over $3100.00 claiming it as their 10% fee for doing business with me. They also told me I could restart the program within 6 months.

They probably did nothing wrong because I signed a contract with them but I was not aware that I was paying their 10% commission upfront. I basically paid them to do absolutely nothing for me except to collect my money. I never in my entire have felt so ripped-off and scammed.

The morel of the story is: Do not use these debt relief agencies without consulting a lawyer. I could have filed a chapter 13 for a $1000 and resolved my debt for pennies on the dollar. My input is to make you aware of the many other options available to you to resolve your debt. Seek a Debt Relief Agency affiliated with the government.

Klaus
Mt. Vernon, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/13/2009 10:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Debt-Relief-USA-INC/Addison-Texas-75001/Debt-Relief-USA-Do-not-use-Debt-Relief-agencies-unless-they-are-affiliated-with-the-govern-433840. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Debt Relief USA, INC

A little internet research could have avoided this

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

The Federal Trade Commission website has CONSUMER PROTECTION INFO on SCAM - questions to ask and what the answer should be so that YOU KNOW ITS NOT A SCAM - you failed to do this quick research and got scammed.

There have also been news reports etc - WHEN YOU DO NOT BOTHER TO LOOK you have no one to blame but yourself

The FTC just went after several credit repair scams - you can read the article on consumeraffairs.com

YES I KEEP THE FTC WEBSITE UNDER MY FAVORITES!