Complaint Review: Dermitage

• Submitted: Mon, December 29, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, December 31, 2008

• Reported By:bend Oregon
Dermitage
5300 Ontario Mills Pkwy #400 Nationwide U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-8868805
  • Web:
  • Category: Liars

Dermitage Advanced Skin Renewal Internet Piracy. I thought I was ordering from a legitimate company and Dermitage pirated my order and charged me twice the price! Ontario Canada

*Author of original report: Ontario, California not Canada

*Consumer Comment: THANKS FOR THE TIP-OFF

I placed an internet skin care product order from Murad but my order was pirated by Dermitage. I received product that I did not order from a company I did not know about ... Dermitage. I called the customer care number on the packing slip and could not get through to a live person to explain the situation. I did however call Murad and they had no record of my online order. I thought I was ordering Murad skin care 14 day trial with the understanding that if I was pleased with the product my credit card would be charged the advertised price (on TV and the internet) of 39.95. Two days later I received this other product I had never heard of ... Dermitage.

There was no return address on the packing slip. Also a note at the bottom saying returns may be subject to a "restocking" fee. How can they "restock" a skin care product? Just another way to rip people off. I have called Murad and they SAY they no nothing about this, but I am suspicious of that company as well. Something is up. At the least it is piracy and most they are in on it together to more than double the price of the product.

Hannah
bend, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2008 10:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dermitage/nationwide/Dermitage-Advanced-Skin-Renewal-Internet-Piracy-I-thought-I-was-ordering-from-a-legitima-405730. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dermitage

Ontario, California not Canada

AUTHOR: Hannah - (U.S.A.)

After looking more closely, I discovered the location of Dertimage is Ontario California rather than Canada that I had originally stated. I alerted the Murad company about the syphoning of their orders to Dermitage from their "order now" button on their website and they said they would look into it.

THANKS FOR THE TIP-OFF

AUTHOR: Mick - (U.S.A.)

I, too, returned the "free trial products" (for both skin and eyes), and have the confirmation from UPS that the products were delivered, signed by someone named "Frank" yesterday (even though when I cancelled, the first person I spoke with told me I had 30 days, the second individual told me the products had to be there before 01/01/2009. As a precaution, since I cannot find an email address for Dermitage, I am taking my UPS confirmation to my bank and issue a stop payment for any amounts Dermitage attempts to put through, as well as any other amounts taken from my account within the last 30 days. I am a paralegal, and usually do not order anything "free," but after reading that so long as I cancelled within a certain time period, I actually thought it was a legitimate offer. I only hope I do not have as many problems as so many of you have endured.