Complaint Review: Destination Movers Inc

• Submitted: Fri, May 30, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, May 30, 2008

• Reported By:Bolivar Ohio
Destination Movers Inc
20442 N 15th Ct Nationwide U.S.A.

Destination Movers Inc Low ball estimates and furniture abuse North Miami Beach Florida

I wish that I had researched Destination Movers before using them. I read all of the negative reporting on them after the fact. My experience was the same as other posters on this site. DO NOT use them!!

Estimate was off by 31%. ($1035/$1480) My move was very small, only one bedroom. I thought my final cost could be less than the estimate bcause we shipped less than what was on the estimate. Wrong!!! The low ball estimate must be used to hook you and then they use your furniture as the hostage.

I would have used a Penske truck if I had known what actual cost was going to be.

Thier scheduling is terrible, they must tell everbody they will pickup and deliver them between 8AM and 10AM. Actual pickup time was 4:30PM and delivery time was 5PM.

My biggest concern is how their employees or contracters handled our possesions. They were a little careless on pickup, banging and dropping pieces. My concerns were verified at delivery, I only shipped 4 pieces of furniture and one piece had 2 legs broken off in transit. The condition of the moving van showed a lack of concern for the possessions of others. I felt sorry for their next delivery.

I attempted to file a claim to repair my chest, but after several calls to Destination Movers and their claims company all that I had was a 7 page claims form that wouldn't print. You would also need a lawyer to help fill it out. They got what they wanted, an unhappy customer that desided a claim is more trouble than it is worth. My matching chest can't be replaced, I just hope that it can repaired.

Note: A couple of days after I desided not continue my claim, the claims company called and told me that their contract with Destination Movers had expired. They told me to inform the mover. Is this the run around or just an unprofessional operation.

I repeat DO NOT USE Destination Movers. Start your move planning in the destination city, so that you have a person that can voice your concerns face to face.

Bill
Bolivar, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/30/2008 08:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Destination-Movers-Inc/nationwide/Destination-Movers-Inc-Low-ball-estimates-and-furniture-abuse-North-Miami-Beach-Florida-335732. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Destination Movers Inc