Complaint Review: Diamond Resorts International

Diamond Resorts International
10600 West Charleston Las Vegas NV Internet United States of America

Diamond Resorts International Fraudulent Timeshare , Internet

*Author of original report: Satisfaction

*Consumer Suggestion: you're not the only one

*UPDATE Employee: Response to Member 3-10-2013

I have been an owner of timeshare weeks for over 10 years.  When I originally purchased the timeshare I was very happy with the resort and the maintenance fees were reasonable.  I purchased the timeshare through Embassy.  Embassy was bought out by Sun Terra who were subsequently bought out by Diamond Resorts International.  This is where my nightmare begins.

Since Diamond Resorts took over the resorts I have experienced the following":
  • The maintenance fees have increased exponentially.
  • It is much more difficult to reserve a vacation if fact they say there are no weeks available when in fact there are.
  • It is extremely difficult to get ahold of a service representative.
  • This year I was double billed for two separate maintenance fees and my account balance changed 3 times. I  have called customer services numerous times and talked to Yolanda, Alex, Peter & Dana to name a few. I have written several times on the web site to rectify this situation.  I have been told by several of the above named individuals that my account was being reviewed by corporate and I would be receiving a call soon from someone in corporate.  This has not happened.  Due to their accounting issue they have blocked me from making a reservation.  Their issue yet no action on their part.

If you are considering purchasing a timeshare from a resort run by Diamond Resorts I would encourage you to think twice.  I used to enjoy owning a timeshare.  Since DRI took over the entire ownership experience has been traumatic.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/10/2013 02:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Diamond-Resorts-International/internet/Diamond-Resorts-International-Fraudulent-Timeshare-Internet-1026555. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Diamond Resorts International

Satisfaction

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

I want to thank Ripoff Report for providing the forum that allowed me to resolve my issues.  After using this site I was able to make contact with upper level management which allowed me to address my issues.

I will say that once I was contacted by senior management I found empathy and compassion that was not present when dealing with the lower level service representatives.  I do want to thank DRI management for their satisfactory resolution to my issues.  I also want to thank Ripoff Report for the assist!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

you're not the only one

AUTHOR: VC32 - (United States of America)

This is not something new, timeshares eventually become more problematic than anything. I'm sorry you're stuck in this situation, i know a company called Mexican Timeshare Solutions that can give you a free consultation on your matter, you should contact them to see what you can do now

Response to Member 3-10-2013

AUTHOR: Patrick Duffy - (United States of America)

Good Morning...

Diamond Rersorts International would like to assist you in your message....Please contact us at; 1-702-823-7660-----We would be very happy now and prior. With apologies for your inconvenience.