Complaint Review: Direct TV Prime TV

• Submitted: Tue, May 27, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, May 27, 2003

• Reported By:Richmond California
Direct TV Prime TV
2208-A FM 1960 E. Humble, Texas U.S.A.

Direct TV Prime TV I was mistreated and ripped off, the company made false promises of a rebate but didn't come through with what they owe me. Humble Texas

I subscribed to Direct TV in October 2002, mostly because they offered a rebate of $140 for the installation. I paid the intaller up front (a contracted company called Satellite Dogs, who were very pleasant), as instructed, and then sent all the paperwork in. A couple of months went by, and I contacted them (the rebate is through Prime TV - 800-395-5899) to ask what was holding up my rebate.

I was informed that I needed to send in a copy of the cancelled check that I had written to Satellite Dogs. I did, but I thought it was an over the top request, since I sent them copies of all the Satellite Dogs paperwork that had been marked "Paid" by the installation technician. Now it is over seven months since I ordered the Direct TV service, and when I call asking about my rebate, the customer service person rudely tells me it was void, and when I ask to speak to a supervisor, I am sent to an answering machine to leave messages that no one responds to. I am really angry, and feel like I have been taken advantage of.

I ONLY chose Direct TV service because of this rebate!! I wouldn't recommend this company because of this fraudulent rebate that they used to get me to sign a one-year contract with, as well as the incredible rudeness and disrespect their customer service people have shown me.

Mercedes
Richmond, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/27/2003 09:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-TV-Prime-TV/Humble-Texas-77338/Direct-TV-Prime-TV-I-was-mistreated-and-ripped-off-the-company-made-false-promises-of-a-r-58598. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct TV Prime TV