Complaint Review: Discount-Merchant

• Submitted: Wed, March 13, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, March 13, 2013

• Reported By: imp — Waterbury Vermont United States of America
Discount-Merchant
2215 Paseo De Las Americas, Suite 30 San Diego, California United States of America

Discount-Merchant Sells knockoff bulbs as "Original" "factory new" San Diego, California

Discount-Merchant listed a replacement bulb for my JVC projector as:

Manufacturure: JVC
Model: BHL5009-S
Warranty: 90 days
Description: Factory new JVC projector BHL5009-S lamp replacement with housing.

Having ordered two, I received two boxes marked simply with "Replacement Lamp" on five of the six faces (no "JVC" brand logo anywhere), and on the top an original sticker stating "Projector Module LMU002".  Upon that sticker, a second sticker was pasted with JVC information on it.  Clearly concerned that I have been duped into spending $400 on fake JVC bulbs, I called them and after pulling up my account information I was finally informed that these are knockoff bulbs and that they would be fine, go ahead and try them.  I was not able to get the true manufacturer of these bulbs, despite my attempts to find out who and where they were made.  I was also informed that for me to now return them, I would be charged a 25% restocking fee, despite the clear misrepresentation of their manufacturing origin.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/13/2013 02:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Discount-Merchant/San-Diego-California-92154/Discount-Merchant-Sells-knockoff-bulbs-as-Original-factory-new-San-Diego-California-1028194. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Discount-Merchant