RIPOFF on MOVING SERVICE - TRASH CUSTOMER SERVICE .....
I signed up for Dish Network service 150 package and an international programming package - it cost me a ton of money to signup - over $400 - although they quoted me a free system and then $99 for the international one. Well that's only the start of the RIP-OFF. After having service for 1 month, we moved - here's where the real ripoff starts.
When I signed up, I was told by the customer service representative that if I move within the first 12 months since I am a 150 package customer and have credit card billing, my move installation would be free of charge. WELL - HERE's the catch by this trash company:
- first dish is moved for free, if you sign a 1 year contract for services!!!!!!!!!
- second dish installation move for international service cost is $99 even if you do the first move
- the customer service supervisor and then a manager start to argue with me that they needed to cover their costs - what costs??? I own the dish and had the cable - all they needed to do was point the dish
Well, let's continue - looking at a 1 year contract and another $99 to install a service that already cost me $400 to get, I decided to install my own.
- I called in advance twice and asked for the satellite pointing directions for 119, 110 and 61.5 satellites, this includes 3 numbers for each - elevation, azimuth and skew
- the customer service representatives gave me the numbers for 119 and 110 - installation was a breeze took 3 minutes, 5 more for the cables
- customer service also provided me with the numbers for 61.5 - well, they were all totally incorrect - I had to go to a local satellite installation company after 7 hours of work and in blind luck figured out the setup
- then, I called to Dish Network and spork to Customer Support Manager Albert - MG8 and informed him that I wasted 7 hours because of their error - explained the error to him, who I spoke with at the installation company and DISH Network's Albert stated - "well, I don't really care, you could've just paid to have it installed -
our database is correct and the positioning coordinates work for your area"
THIS COMPANY IS TOTAL AND COMPLETE TRASH. THEY RIP YOU OFF ON THE ORIGINAL FREE SYSTEM DEAL, THEY RIP YOU OFF ON THE MOVING AND THEN WHEN YOU OPTION TO INSTALL ON YOUR OWN THEY RIP YOU OFF AS WELL.
IF IT WERE NOT FOR INTERNATIONAL CHANNELS AND NOT BEING ABLE TO PUT UP A 5' DISH IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD, I WOULD TELL THEM TO F-OFF.
PLEASE BOYCOTT THEIR SERVICE THEY ARE CROOKS!!