Complaint Review: Dr. George Commons - George W. Commons, MD.

• Submitted: Tue, June 30, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, July 24, 2012

• Reported By:San Mateo California
Dr. George Commons - George W. Commons, MD.
1515 El Camino Real Palo Alto, California U.S.A.

Dr. George Commons - George W. Commons, MD. UNHAPPY PATIENTS Palo Alto California

*Consumer Comment: DAMAGE BY COMMONS

*Consumer Comment: See this other report on Dr. George Commons

These are complaints posted on the internet by former patients of George W. Commons, MD. Commons and his lawyer are trying to prevent the public from hearing the truth about him. They threatened another website with a lawsuit if these posts were not removed. I hope Complaints Board will not be intimidated.

"I have owned a business in Burlingame, Calif for a number of years. One of my friends who also has a boutique had a face lift from Dr. Commons in 1997 or 98. It was absolutely shocking to see the difference in her, not an appreciable one to say the least. She complained of serious itching as I recall and when she confronted him or his staff about the problem, they said it was natural to expect some minor irritation and it would soon "go away". It lasted for 5 years. Her appearance was extreme . She was terribly disappointed with the results. She said she thought because he was so busy with so many patients, (according to his staff) that he must be good. She regrets this poor analogy now."

"No, cannot possibly refer friends and loved ones to this doctor. Had a facelift that was not done well and not done in the way he described to me. Positive effects did not last while negative effects are permanent. I am terribly disappointed after hearing very good things about his work. I suspect this doctor has been relying heavily on his reputation from voluminous liposuction studies from many years ago. He could not offer any explanation for why my surgery did not turn out so well. Maybe it is time to retire?"

"Had a consult for liposurgery with this Doctor but did not select him for the surgery. Seemed well loved by his efficient office staff and there was a nice energetic and friendly ambiance about the place but the consult itself did not go well. This is just my honest impression. While the office made me feel very comfortable, when I met with the Doctor himself, I could not imagine him doing surgery on my body. I did not feel that I could trust him to do a quality job. Here's why. He seemed very hurried, disorganized, forgetful and clumsy. He had more than ample photos demonstrating the volume and variety of cases he has done and has obviously had a great deal of experience but he got confused and could not stay on track with the questions I asked and seemed fuzzy and disorientated throughout the entire conversation. He had trouble finding things and explaining things to me. His manner and behavior definitely did not instill the confidence I needed."

"Dr. George Commons did a terrible job on my liposuction. It was just like the person said in the first posting here at the bottom - he worked on parts that he wasn't supposed to, and he didn't work on parts he was supposed to do. I don't know how he can still be allowed to operate when he does things like this to people. Definitely not recommended!"

"I just don't know how to say this, but I think Dr Commons should retire. He needs to cut down on his operations or a take more time evaluating what needs to done to correct the problem. I don't want to sound like I whining but in my case the surgery was botched. I just thought I should let those who are considering Dr Commons know you may not be that happy with the results."

"He did my eyes and they turned out uneven. He wasn't very helpful and tried to minimize the fact that it wasn't symmetrical. I would not go back to him. "

Jenni
San Mateo, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2009 01:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dr-George-Commons-George-W-Commons-MD/Palo-Alto-California-94306/Dr-George-Commons-George-W-Commons-MD-UNHAPPY-PATIENTS-Palo-Alto-California-466254. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dr. George Commons - George W. Commons, MD.

DAMAGE BY COMMONS

AUTHOR: SS - (USA)

This is a photo of damage Commons did to my friend's calves.  HE WASN'T SUPPOSED TO OPERATE ON THEM! This is battery.   Her calves were perfect and she did not consent to surgery on them.  This amounts to surgical rape.

See this other report on Dr. George Commons

AUTHOR: T3332 - (USA)

It includes a photo of the damage he did: