Complaint Review: Dr. Simon YU, MD

• Submitted: Thu, May 13, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, May 18, 2010

• Reported By: Andrew — St. Louis Missouri U.S.A.
Dr. Simon YU, MD
10908 Schuetz Rd. Internet United States of America

Dr. Simon YU, MD Prevention and Healing, Inc. So Called New Age Doctor has assembly line style practice leading to huge bills Internet

This doctor claims to use a combination of New Age, Chinese medicine and regular Western medicine in his practice.  He maintains a high-profile practice in St. Louis including a column in a local New Age monthly paper and local seminars which he uses to attract many patients.  It all sounds OK but when I actually went there here is what happened: a virtual army of assistants put me on an assembly line process (very unlike any chiropractor or alternative healer I have been to in 30 years) that was painful, confusing, involving MANY tests that he charged lots of money for but in many instances gave bogus or confusing results (when challenged on this he maintained "they sometimes worked" but refused to refund my money for the bogus tests) and a general atmosphere of NOT LISTENING to any patient concerns.  I went in there with 3 specific health problems - my concerns went in one ear and out the other and he diagnosed or tried to treat only 1 of them - with a schedule of drugs, supplements and "homework" procedures that were both VERY complex and very expensive - I walked out of the first visit with a bill of $700 - and projected that by the second visit alone I would have spent $1500.  Plus he recommended probable dental work that would have run $4000-10,000 - referred of course to a trio of dentists who actually take part in his weekly seminar as part of his referral network.  This looked like an endless abyss and I decided to pull the plug as soon as I got home from the 1st visit - he refunded my money from the supplements I returned and the even more far-out tests not done yet but refused to give me anything else from the first visit even though the tests came out wrong and I was not listened to and was mis-diagnosed.  I am now out $405.  I called him and discussed these issues but he was VERY hardnosed.  Let me repeat - none of these behaviors are ANYTHING like what I have experience in over 30 years of alternative practioners in all the areas he works in.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/13/2010 02:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dr-Simon-YU-MD/internet/Dr-Simon-YU-MD-Prevention-and-Healing-Inc-So-Called-New-Age-Doctor-has-assembly-line-s-603015. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dr. Simon YU, MD