Complaint Review: DuroPower

• Submitted: Thu, January 15, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, January 21, 2009

• Reported By:Phoenix Arizona
DuroPower
677 Arrow Grand Circle Brenda Cole Covina, California U.S.A.

DuroPower Generator Scamonater Sold a generator that won't work and they refuse to replace parts Covina California

*Consumer Comment: Bad customer service

On 3/21/08 I purchased a 4500W Deluxe generator w/Elec.Start. I paid for it on CC. Soon thereafter it stopped working. I called the company. After numerous trys and several rude and uninformed staff I eventually reached Brenda Cole, service rep. She was rude from the start. She wanted all sorts of stuff to prove what was wrong while basically blaming me for the defect.

I later took the generator to a professional service guy who could not figure it out at first but later established what parts were needed. Even he tried and tried to get information and assistance from Brenda Cole or anyone who would help and no one would. They wanted pictures and codes and blah blah blah. This is now January and I am STILL trying to get reslove. Brenda wrote back last night and I am copying and pasting her exact words with no editing:
"This was the last e-mail from your repair center. the pictures were never sent to our office. All that was requested was wiring diagrams and specs. These request were sent to him."

SORRY , BUT NO WE ARE NOT A MANUFACTURER OF THE PRODUCTS. WE IMPORT THEM FROM CHINA.

How professional is that? Even though they tell you replacement parts are free you cannot get them. Everything is free if you have no access to get it! Nor can you send back the machine for another one.

It is a scam big time! They take the money and run. I guess sometimes we forget "Let the Buyer Beware" warning we always here. I just didn't think that this was going to be a rip off. I sure hope a class action suit against this company takes place. I'm in!

If you are intending to buy from this company don't! It is a scam. The product is defective and you will never, ever get any problems resolved or money back.

Randy
Phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/15/2009 06:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DuroPower/Covina-California-91722/DuroPower-Generator-Scamonater-Sold-a-generator-that-wont-work-and-they-refuse-to-replace-412628. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DuroPower

Bad customer service

AUTHOR: K2skier - (U.S.A.)

I'm a repair center and I just got through working on a customers DP8500ES with 128 hours on it, the carb was bad (could be a gas issue but no parts are available only complete carbs) so the carb was replaced, Also the electric and rewind starters both failed. I contacted Duropower, they don't pay any labor under warranty, and I was told to purchase the parts then fill out an RMA and send the parts back to Duropower. After filling out and sending in the RMA I called a rude call from a women at Duropower that said the customer had to be the one that ordered the parts and they would have been sent out at no charge, but since I, the repair center ordered them, well to put it nicely he's out of luck and $500!

The quality on this junk compared to any other engines is ridiculous, very poor quality. You are warned stay away from this junk at all costs!!!