Complaint Review: EDP Card Services

• Submitted: Sun, July 01, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, July 05, 2007

• Reported By:Kansas City Missouri
EDP Card Services
5301 Laurel Canyon Blvd. Suite 132 Valley Village, California U.S.A.

EDP Reporting ServicesEDP Card Services I had no re-collection of applying for their services, but my bank account was debited 159.00 Valley Village California

*UPDATE Employee: Alittle Clarifications

I was suprised oe day when checking my bank account on-line to find an electronic check for 159.00 from EDP card services. Having no idea who this was I tried to call, which is impossible. No one ever answers their phone and you are directed to send an e-mail which is equally difficult.

Hotmail kept returning it as undeliverable. Next is the on-line chat service which after an hour or so finally connected me with someone, They requested a copy of my bank statement showing the charge and they sent me a form to fill out and return with the bank statement.
Three months latter I receive an E-mail advising me that they found the actual transaction where I had authorized them to take 159.00 out of my account, for what I still can't tell you. It went on to say that they would try n dlocate the vendor and refund my 100.00 but they were keeping the processing fee.

Processing for what? Another month goes by and I finally receive word via E-mail that I am going to be geting a refund for 100.00 within 10 to 12 days. they did not indicagte whether it would be credited to my cking act or if I would be getting a ck.

I can only suggest do not apply for a credit card if they are involved. In fact do not apply for any credit cards where they have charged you 1/2 your credit limit in fees. They will continue to charge you annual fees and other assorted charges. If you are trying to rebuild your credit I suggest ytou go through Consumer Credit Counseling Services, they are a National not for profit orginization set up to help pay off your debts and re-establish your credit. I am in no way affiliagted with them, I just have a friend who recently used there services and was quite pleased, it prevented him from declaring bankruptcy.

Steven
Kansas City, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/01/2007 12:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EDP-Card-Services/Valley-Village-California-91607/EDP-Reporting-ServicesEDP-Card-Services-I-had-no-re-collection-of-applying-for-their-servi-258068. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EDP Card Services

Alittle Clarifications

AUTHOR: Bridgett - (U.S.A.)

Steve your absolutely right in some of the things you stated but, let me clarify one thing your are referring to one of our affliliates and I do apologize for them if they have treated you any other way then with respect. Our courtesy refunds are sent in a form of check and upon receiving the paperwork back, then it only takes 7 to 10 days for the complete processing and check to be in the mail.

Also Steve the cards that we support are not credit cards they are prepaid debit cards meaning the cardholder would be the one who determine the amount of availability on the card by the amount they load on it. Unfortunately this is not a unsecured card this is a secured prepaid debit card and all this is stated on our website along with the term, conditions and fees.
If any more assistance is needed please contact Debbie at 818-487-0672 exit 141