Complaint Review: E*Trade

• Submitted: Wed, March 25, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, March 25, 2009

• Reported By:Yuba City California
E*Trade
etrade.com M Merrifield, Virginia U.S.A.

E*Trade ETRADE STOLE MY MONEY TOO!! M Merrifield Virginia

Etrade ripped me off too. I invested $7000.00 in various stocks, most of it in MSO and ARRS. Since that time the economy has reduced my balance to $1400.00. I logged into Etrade to check my balance and to my anger and surprise 500 shares of MSO and 70 shares of ARRS had been sold. I phoned Etrade and got someone who could barely speak english from another country. They too said it was for inactivity.

I also sent an email to Etrade and got an email back form Kevn Lowry saying "Due to you margin equity percentage being less than 15% in you account our margins department had to liquate (their spelling) your positions."

I guess their meaning of liquate is to steel.
I too was never contacted about this transaction. Is anyone out there willing to go after these guys??

Blondehime
Yuba City, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2009 01:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ETrade/M-Merrifield-Virginia-22116-1542/ETrade-ETRADE-STOLE-MY-MONEY-TOO-M-Merrifield-Virginia-437567. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on E*Trade