Complaint Review: Eagle Eyes Optics

• Submitted: Wed, September 05, 2001
  • Updated: Thu, October 28, 2004

• Reported By:Woodbridge VA
Eagle Eyes Optics
P.O. Box 8122 Van Nuys, California U.S.A.
  • Phone: 818-503-4332
  • Web:
  • Category: Opticians

Eagle Eyes Optics Eyewar .. Bitter Business

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: we have no intention of letting this be the final chapter we would like to help

On July 16, 2000 I order one pair of Eagle Eye sunglasses and one Eagle Eye sunglass clipone for my daughter. This was done with my Visa check cashing card which also can be used as a credit card. This transaction was done over the phone.

On July 18, 2000 I called them to inform them that I changed my mind and did not want the sunglasses afterall. They replied "No problem" and they would process the cancellation. Well you guessed it, they did not cancel it!. The money came out of my checking account on July 19, 2000.

Then of course I did not even get the glasses until August 16, 2000. After trying them on for a bit I completely realized that they were most definitely not for me, the yellow tint on the glasses gave me a headache. Therefore, I called them again on August 20, 2000 and informed them that I did not want them (for real) and wanted my money back. I followed their instructions and sent the glasses back on August 22, 2000 with the Return Order No. 3442-001-F. Since then I have not received my refund and I have called them repeatedly (on September 6th, October 6th, November 29th, January 9, 2001, January 22nd, January 31st, February 9th). Each time they informed me the check was in the mail.

Well as of today I have yet to see that check for $79.??

I was so upset that I contacted the Better Business Bureau thru the WWW and all I got from them was a letter stating that since Eagle Eyes has ignored their request regarding this complaint they are closing their files on this.

Now what kind of Better Business is that?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/05/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Eagle-Eyes-Optics/Van-Nuys-California-91499/Eagle-Eyes-Optics-Eyewar-Bitter-Business-1029614. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Eagle Eyes Optics

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

we have no intention of letting this be the final chapter we would like to help

AUTHOR: Alan - (U.S.A.)

While perusing the net this evening I came across your website with the complaint listed below.
In 2000 our company allowed a TV distributor to market our sunglasses and yes we in fact had some cases where the customer did not get a refund for their product ordered. Noticing the return information, I believe this company was Genesis International. They have since declared Chapter 11 bankruptcy and are probably back in business under another name.

Now that this has come our my attention, we have no intention of letting this be the final chapter for this persons complaint, even though we have had no revenue pass our way from this person or the company that seemingly "ripped" him/her off.

We would like to make direct contact with the individual in question in order to see what we can do to put our reputation back in good standing with him or her and www.ripoffreport.com.
Please let us hear from you or the complaining party directly.
regards,