Complaint Review: Ebay

ebay.com Internet U.S.A.

Ebay can't quit ebay Internet

*Consumer Comment: You are correct

*Consumer Suggestion: I hear ya

After a number of disappointing auctions I chose to close my Ebay account but have been unable to because they insist I have items pending for sale which I don't. I have contacted them several times trying to explain the problem and all they do is direct me to their form used for closing account which, when I click on it, gives me the error message that I can't proceed because I have the items pending.

They have no phone customer service and the email c.s. is outsourced to reps who lack an understanding of the language and only give rote responses.

In the meantime, they have chaarged me again for seller fees and have stopped responding to my emails, and, my account remains open against my wishes.

Jack
San Bruno, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2007 12:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ebay/internet/Ebay-cant-quit-ebay-Internet-238400. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ebay

You are correct

AUTHOR: Acmetesting - (U.S.A.)

i was ripped off by buyers on ebay and ebay would do nothing. in one case they took money and refunded it to a buyer who threatened to leave bad feedback saying he never recieved item but signed the delivery slip from the post office.
I solved the greedbay problem this way:
I went into my accounts on ebay and paypal and changed my bank account info to a bank account i didnt care about.
I paid all the fees to both thieving companies.
I then closed the bank account.
Then I closed my paypal account.
Then, because feebay will not allow you to close your account, I placed 50 bids on expensive items from two sellers who had cheated me in the past with no intention of paying.
After that I simplty let feebay suspend my account with no valid bank account to steal my money from.
All in all, I was ripped off for over 400 dollars.
Beware of feebay and paypaypaypal they are thieves.
Interesting side note is thatthe former director is to speak at the republikan convention and some news reports say she is on McKain's short list of VP picks- GO figure!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

I hear ya

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Jack, I hear ya. I tried several times to get off ebay. They will not remove you from their list. Once you buy or sell on ebay you are there forever.