Complaint Review: Ecampus.com , Textbook Buyback

• Submitted: Wed, March 25, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, March 25, 2009

• Reported By:norton Massachusetts
Ecampus.com , Textbook Buyback
2415 Palumbo Drive Lexington, Kentucky U.S.A.

Ecampus.com Textbook Buyback COLLEGE STUDENTS SELLING TEXTBOOKS BEWARE.. ECAMPUS IS A SCAM ! DECEPTIVE PRACTICES Lexington Kentucky

Students and would be textbook peddlers beware.. Ecampus.com is a SCAM !

I sent them 4 of my books for a quoted $150.00. They received the books on Feb 10th 2009 and today is March 25th 2009 and I still do not have payment. They have had my books all this time.

When I contacted them they said it could take up to 3months to receive payment. However their email communications and website said up to 4 weeks. Nothing about 3 months. Oh ya, and they also reserve the right to "send me back my books" (or "equivalents") if they are "unsatisfied with the condition".

This information is not posted on their website (may have been posted since, given the stink I have put up over it) however their response to me when I asked them why its taking so long...

"What part of the quoted timeframe posted on our website didn't you understand?" -H.Hershey (at ecampus.com)

Thats right, this is the stellar customer service you receive if you send in an email. There is no phone number to contact them at, and if you email, again let me refer you back to the quoted response I got one more time.

Here is what I was told by someone else.. they said that ecampus is bogus and that they will hold onto your books to try and sell them for 3 months if they cant sell them, they instead send them back to you (and charge you shipping) and tell you that they are not in "acceptable condition" ... Ver deceptive if you ask me. Now, this part is speculation but I am beginning to think that this is what is going on behind the scenes, because what in creation would take them over a month and a half to inspect the quality of my books?

I have used textbooks.com successfully two times now and their turntime and customer service is amazing ! I have my payment within 2 weeks of them receiving my books.

So a recap...

FACTS: Ecampus will not give you payment for at least 3 months at this point so DO NOT SEND THEM YOUR BOOKS

Speculation: you may not receive any money if they cannot sell your books and they may return them under the guise of "unacceptable condition".

You've been warned !
-Shawn

Shawnyb
norton, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2009 09:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ecampuscom-Textbook-Buyback/Lexington-Kentucky-40509/Ecampuscom-Textbook-Buyback-COLLEGE-STUDENTS-SELLING-TEXTBOOKS-BEWARE-ECAMPUS-IS-A-SCAM-437461. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ecampus.com , Textbook Buyback