Complaint Review: Emerge Mastercard, (aka)GetSmart, (aka) Providian

• Submitted: Tue, March 18, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, March 18, 2003

• Reported By:Fort Bragg North Carolina
Emerge Mastercard, (aka)GetSmart, (aka) Providian
PO Box 105653 Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Emerge Mastercard aka GetSmart aka Providian rip-off raised interest rate calls NUMEROUS times a day cancelled card still charging finance charges Atlanta Georgia

I had my Providin card for over a year when they switched to GetSmart. Then I remained with them for nearly another year. I made ontime payments and more than the intended payment, yet no credit increase or interest decrease.

Late in 2002, they again switched companies, now to Emerge. Emerge canclled my card then harrasses me monthly with nearly 8 phone calls a day on both home and cell phone for a $15 payment! Then, looking at the statement, they raised the interest to 29.93% That is outrageous! Don't get scammed by these people!

I am now paying off a card I can no longer use at nearly double the amount I have on it. Isn't that interest illegal??? Actually, I am searching for info on interest rates. I had heard that due tothe interest rates lowring, that if you have a credit card company lowering rates you can ask for it. I am going to check into it.

Fort Bragg, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2003 02:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Emerge-Mastercard-akaGetSmart-aka-Providian/Atlanta-Georgia-30348-5653/Emerge-Mastercard-aka-GetSmart-aka-Providian-rip-off-raised-interest-rate-calls-NUMEROUS-t-49719. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Emerge Mastercard, (aka)GetSmart, (aka) Providian