• Report: #420916

• Submitted: Fri, February 06, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, February 10, 2009

• Reported By:Phila Pennsylvania
Empire Today Carpets
1200 Taylors Ln Suite 3B Cinnaminson, New Jersey U.S.A.

Empire Today Carpets They do NOT stand by their sloppy work Philadelphia Cinnaminson New Jersey

*UPDATE Employee: Company Response

My rugs were bought in good faith, they have stretched so much I could carpet another room. They came out once and charged me 70 dollars, in 6 months they were rippled again and I tripped over them. They came out again and wanted me to pay again, I refused. The stretched again in about another 6 months (I LIVE ALONE, no kids running in and out) the carpets are poor quality and keep stretching. A mill inspector came to my house and told me they were poor quality and should be replaced by Empire.

They sent out Michael B again BUT made me sign a form stating this was the last time they will stretch them. Michael told me to ignore it because if the did stretch again just call (he was playing 2 ends against the middle, telling me one thing and telling Empire another) Once he finished he told me to have the carpets steamed cleaned. I called someone and he noticed BEFORE he cleaned them the seam near the door was open (he wanted me to be aware of it before he cleaned them) I called Empire to ask them to fix it and the reply I got from a Ms Romeo was she felt uneasy fixining it because it was fixed before, no it was never fixed before the only thing Empire did was stretch the carpets to take the ripples out. BUT Michael B said he fixed a rip in the seam, He did not!

After 3 yrs I feel like I rent my carpets because everytime I turn around they want more money to fix a problem with a carpet that is below standard and obviously faulty, no rugs should "grow" like mine do. I have had so many reason for them "growing" from moisture (what moisture), to heat, to cold, to whatever they feel like making up not to be responsible for their poor quality merchandise.

I want the seam fixed and they refuse, I want the carpets fixed each and every time they "grow" at no cost to me. This is an ongoing problem and Empire will not accept responsibility.
If you are considering carpets read what I wrote about Empire!

Carole
Phila, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2009 06:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Empire-Today-Carpets/Cinnaminson-New-Jersey-08077/Empire-Today-Carpets-They-do-NOT-stand-by-their-sloppy-work-Philadelphia-Cinnaminson-New-J-420916. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Empire Today Carpets

Company Response

AUTHOR: Empire - (U.S.A.)

Thank you for bringing your carpet experience to our attention. We apologize for any inconvenience, and our team would like to work with you to explore a resolution. Please contact us at webcustomerservice@empiretoday.com so that we may be able to assist. You can also visit our online customer center at http://www.empiretoday.com/Customer-Service.

Sincerely,