• Report: #419095

• Submitted: Mon, February 02, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, February 06, 2009

• Reported By:Mentor Ohio
Enhanced Billing Services/Voice Vox VoiceMail Services
P.O. Box 29206 San Antonio, Texas U.S.A.

Enhanced Billing Services/Voice Vox VoiceMail Services unauthorized charges San Antonio Texas

*Consumer Suggestion: How you registered

My January 7th phone bill from A T and T included an unauthorized charge that I am not able to block from my future phone bills for VoiceVox VoiceMail Services Monthly FEE of $14.95 with sales tax added, of course now totaling $15.88 for a service already provided by my phone company, A T and T.

I have never done business nor authorized any one from Enhanced Billing Services, Inc. to provide this monthly service. Why would I when I already have Voice-mail on my phone provided through A T and T?

I immediately dialed the phone number to nowhere 1-800-570-0269 which is a constant busy signal to God knows where. So I contact the other phone number to ESBI, 1-888-288-3724 (I'm noticing a pattern here) and they told me that on 12/19/08 they have an e-mail authorization with my e-mail address requesting this monthly service. Bullshit-why would I have authorized a service already provided by A T and T?

Now I'm told by ESBI that they cannot block these charges from by future phone bills? A T and T was nice enough to protest the charge giving me 90 days to track these thieves down. But what is my recourse, folks?

I absolutely refuse to pay $15 a month for nothing and I cannot do anything about it. I am not hiring an attorney to fight this case, because I don't have the money in the first place to pay the monthly fee, let alone an attorney.

What is my recourse???

Janis
Mentor, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2009 11:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enhanced-Billing-ServicesVoice-Vox-VoiceMail-Services/San-Antonio-Texas-78229-4898/Enhanced-Billing-ServicesVoice-Vox-VoiceMail-Services-unauthorized-charges-San-Antonio-Te-419095. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enhanced Billing Services/Voice Vox VoiceMail Services

#1 Consumer Suggestion

How you registered

AUTHOR: Smarterthanyouthink - (U.S.A.)

Unfortunately anyone with a computer and access to a phone book can register someone for these services. HOWEVER, it's very possible you yourself did visit a website and thought you were registering for GROCERY COUPONS or TO WIN SOMETHING and because you really wanted to win something you gave your actual phone #. But the fatal mistake you made was NOT reading the fine print because in there somewhere you allowed this charge. If you visit the website they told you that you registered with (which I have done many times) You will see that when you enter your info you have to keep choosing junk to sign up for... (check one box... or two boxes) just to complete registration to win a playstation. But what you are really doing is signing up for junk to be billed for the easiest way (your phone # you gave on the first screen)

It's also possible that your wife, or grand child registered to win that playstation or xbox and thought... I'll enter gramma's or grandpa's info so I will have 2 chances to win.

My advice is to contact your phone company (not ESBI or ILD) and put a third party block on your phone so NO ONE can add this junk. BUT don't do it until you get your credits back because the phone company may just block that too.