Complaint Review: Enterprise Rent-A-Car

• Updated: Fri, June 21, 2013

• Reported By: frustrated customer — Rockville Maryland
Enterprise Rent-A-Car
Internet USA

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Car Damage Scam Baltimore Washington Int'l Airport Maryland

*Author of original report: Resolved!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Enterprise Rent a Car

I decided to get a one-way rental car to get to the BWI airport in Maryland.  I visited Enterprise's Rockville, MD location on April, 25, 2013 to rent a car.  An enterprise associate picked a sedan and indicated a bunch of scratches and marks on the car and noted them in the rental paper.  I picked up the car and went home.  I then headed to the airport the next morning on April 26, 2013.   At the airport, an enterprise associate checked the car in.  He walked around the car a couple times and inspected the car and told me that everything looks great.  I then head to the airport for my flight.

More than a month later, I received a voice mail from enterprise damage recovery unit saying that there is damage on the car?  I was confused and called back.  They then told me that they called me by mistake.  Another week went by, I got another voice mail from enterprise rockville's branch manager about damage to the car.  I called them back and told them that there is no damage, the manager said that he will note my comments.  I was confussed and concerned, so I called enterprise damage recovery unit, a lady told me that she doens't know what is going on and that they are still investigating the case.

Two weeks later in June, I got a letter from enterprise telling me that I am reponsible for damage to the car?  I am both confused and furious.  As far as I know it, I returned the car in the same condition I picked it up.  The enterprise associate who received the car at the airport witnesed and agreed that the car is good when I dropped it off.  I don't know how there can be any damage to the car?!?!  I don't even know what damage they are talking about?  Was the car damaged after I dropped it off?  How can I be responsible for damages that happened AFTER I dropped off the car?!?  Is this some kind of scam targeting innocent consumers?!?  I have rented cars from enterprise many times before, but this is by far the most confusing and horrible experience.  No more enterprise!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/21/2013 12:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enterprise-Rent-A-Car/internet/Enterprise-Rent-A-Car-Car-Damage-Scam-Baltimore-Washington-Intl-Airport-Maryland-1060912. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Resolved!

AUTHOR: frustrated customer - ()

As instructed by enterprise customer care, I emiled them with my claim number and contact info.  I received an email from customer care that the issue is now forwarded to branch management.  Two or three weeks later, I received a voice mail from enterprise branch management with an apology and indicating that the damage claim has been dropped and that I am not responsible for any damage.  Thank you Enterprise customer care and Thank you ripoff report!

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Enterprise Rent a Car

AUTHOR: Enterprise Rent-A-Car - ()

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would like to look into this further. Please email Care@enterprise.com with your

• Renter’s full name (correctly spelled)
    • Current phone number
    • Location rented
    • Rental agreement (RA) number
    • “DX” or claim number

(Tatiana)

When emailing, please list reference # (130624-000817) the subject line.