bearing

330 Lucas Drive Detroit, Michigan USA

Enterprise Rent a Car False Car Damage Claim Detroit Michigan

*Author of original report: Dismissed Claim

*UPDATE Employee: Enterprise Cares

I rented a car from Enterprise at the Detroit Metro airport for a 3 day period.  Renting Enterprise agent and I did walk around before I signed rental agreement. I noticed a few scratches and the bent front license plate. Agent assured me the scratches did not meet requirement for documenting them.

On returning, the receiving agent almost laid flat on the ground during his "very" thorough inspection.  He noticed a small scrape on the under side of the front bumper which could only be seen by kneeling down within a couple feet of the ground.

The location of the scrape, facing the ground, could not be caused by a typical collision. My guessis the scrape was caused by Enterprise's car wash which I was told damaged the front license plate at the time of the rental.

The receiving agent submitted a claim to Enterprise's "Damage Recovery Unit".  I am anticipating they will try to assign responsibility to me.

I have read so many similar, almost identical, complaints about Enterprise that I believe the practice is part of Enterprise's business (fraudulent) plan.  That is, it is a profit center designed to scam their customers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/26/2013 08:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enterprise-Rent-a-Car/Detroit-Michigan-48242/Enterprise-Rent-a-Car-False-Car-Damage-Claim-Detroit-Michigan-1094873. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enterprise Rent a Car

Dismissed Claim

AUTHOR: Veritas52 - ()

Letter received from Enterprise's Damage Recovery Unit has absolved me from the damage claim.

Enterprise Cares

AUTHOR: Enterprise Rent-A-Car - ()

Veritas52,

We’ve taken note of your comments and would like the opportunity to look into this for you. Please send us a detailed email to care@enterprise.com including the exact rental location information, your contact information, your claims, rental agreement or reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with us.

When emailing, please list Reference Number 131030-001623 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Respectfully,