breathing

Enterprise Rental Cars
3328 Old Columbiana Road Birmingham, Alabama United States of America

Enterprise Rental Cars Enterprise Rental Enterprise Rental Birmingham, Alabama

*General Comment: Enterprise

August 31, 2012, the rental vehicle was subjected to a hit and run while stationery and unoccupied.  I immediately contacted the local authorities and the Company to report the incident,  I was advised to bring the vehicle in immediately for inspection.  Kyle (Customer Service Representative) inspected the vehicle but was unable to locate the damage.  I pointed out that there was a scratch on the back passenger door about 13 inches long.  Kyle indicated that the scratch was barely visible and that I could keep the vehicle until it was time to return it.  Upon returning the vehicle, Kyle recorded all of my personal information (i.e. telephone number, address, etc.) and indicated that someone within the loss prevention division would contact me about the damages and ultimate repairs.

About three weeks later, I received a letter in the mail with contact information for the loss division unit (including a telephone number).  I called the loss prevention 800 number and spoke with a female representative, who supposedly recorded all of my contact information, and indicated that an adjuster would call me regarding the cost of the repairs.

Today, nearly three months later I received a voice mail from Brecken, store Manager, indicating that he needed a claims number or payment.  When I returned Brecken's call, I was informed that someone (never indicated who) said that contact with me had never been made, and that I owed $1,300 for the repair of one barely visible scratch that could not be identified by Enterprise representatives without my help.  Representatives who constantly and consistently inspect vehicles prior to being rented and after being returned.

The irony of the situation is that Brecken was able to make contact with me immediately albeit contact with me could not be made.  Outside of me being proactive, and calling the loss prevention division, no one within the Enterprise organization has ever tried to contact me about this matter.  Logically, if someone called and I didn't answer (although no one ever did) then a letter would have been sent to my home address which they had/have.  Until today, I have never even received a telephone call, e-mail, telegram, or any form of communication regarding this matter outside of the initial letter received (via mail).

Now, I am suppose to pay $1,300 for damages lacking supporting documentation evidencing  the repairs made.  The cost of repair appears excess and unreasonable, given the fact that there was only one, barely visible scratch, supported by a police report that will evidence the same.   When I requested an itemized billing be provided, Brecken indicated that he would have to contact Loss Prevention to obtain one.  Given this Division's track record, I fear that it will be another three month's before an answer will be provided.  These practices and procedures appear unethical and borders behavior associated with scams.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/07/2012 02:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enterprise-Rental-Cars/Birmingham-Alabama-35226/Enterprise-Rental-Cars-Enterprise-Rental-Enterprise-Rental-Birmingham-Alabama-966002. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enterprise Rental Cars

#1 General Comment

Enterprise

AUTHOR: Bubba Lee - (Canada)

You said " These practices and procedures appear unethical and borders behavior associated with scams."

Two things I would add.
1st This is Company wide systemic gouging by the individual owners of the franchised stores. (See all the complaints on the net)
2nd Legal, or at least seems to be as I have heard of no prosecutions or successful lawsuits..