Complaint Review: Entertainment Extra

• Updated: Tue, February 19, 2013

• Reported By: tammie — fort collins Colorado United States of America
Entertainment Extra
9909 Topanga Cyn Blvd Ste #106 Chatsworth, California United States of America

Entertainment Extra Total Rip Off!! Salesperson makes allot of promises then company will not honor! Chatsworth, California

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: This is a SCAM

Jonathan Frank came to my business to see if I wanted to advertise with Entertainment Extra. He made the following promises to me: 1. We would be exclusive 2. Magazines would be handed to customers at check out 3. Magazines would also be placed in racks at check out with the magazines for sale 4. Could make 5 payments at cheaper rate 5. Would be in spot 5 of magazine 6. Could cancel at any time 7. First payment would not be due until Feb. 2013 so that ad could be out a few months before we had to pay for it.

I received the first bill from them stating payment was due Dec. 1st, called to speak to them concerning payment due date, was told by Trish that they did not have to honor anything the salesperson promised. She offered me the following, if I paid in full that day then she would drop the price to $960.00 instead of the $1,332.00 due. I told her that I would not pay for something in full when I did not even know if the ad was out. She insisted that it was. I went to location where magazines were to be. After 25 minutes of looking around I finally found magazine. Here is what I found: 1. We are NOT exclusive 2. We are NOT in spot 5, but in spot 14 3. Magazines are NOT being handed out 4. Magazines are NOT in racks at check out but in a very small rack hidden next to the coin exchange machine.

Called company to express me concerns of the above and spoke with Anna in which she also told me they do not have to honor what the salesperson stated and that if I had an issue with anything that I could take it up with their "legal department". At that point I realizied that I had been ripped off!

I have now left 5 messages for the salesperson, no return call, I have left 3 messages with their so called "legal department", no return calls.

This company has 200 compliants againist them with the BBB and numerous compliants on this website

Beware!!!! This company is out to lie, cheat and steal from anyone that they come in contact with!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/10/2012 11:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Entertainment-Extra/Chatsworth-California-91311/Entertainment-Extra-Total-Rip-Off-Salesperson-makes-allot-of-promises-then-company-will-980175. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Entertainment Extra

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

This is a SCAM

AUTHOR: Attentive to Detail - (United States of America)

I agree totally with the original poster. We had the same experience in Las Cruces, NM. The magazine was to be out the 1st of October. We checked almost daily for it at the two retailers we were told would be giving them out. Magazine did not go out til November 2nd. It was only one delivery(not restocked twice weekly) and the next issue did not come out until January, again past halfway thru the dates of the magazine. The latter came out in SPANISH!! which we had not wanted either. I too spoke with Trish and then I think Anna. When I refused to pay because I felt they had broken the contract they have had a lawyer calling me threatening to sue me over THEIR SALESPERSON mis-representing them. We need help!