Complaint Review: Eric Berg / Como Law Firm P.A. lawyers

• Submitted: Tue, April 22, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, February 18, 2009

• Reported By:foley Minnesota
Eric Berg / Como Law Firm P.A. lawyers
1543 Como Ave St. Paul, Minnesota U.S.A.
  • Phone: 651-641-0443
  • Web:
  • Category: Lawyers

Eric Berg, Como Law Firm P.A. Como Law Firm is garnishing my husbunds paycheck a second time for the same thing St. Paul Minnesota

*Consumer Comment: I believe it

*Author of original report: Lawyer obtained

*Consumer Comment: You should really spend some time....

On January 19, 2007 my husbund recieved a letter stating that his paycheck was to be garnished. We had no clue as to what was going on because we did not recieve a summons to go to court. The garnishment went through to the tune of $1097.86, and the deduction was to be remitted to Como Law Firm, P.A.

Then, much to our surprize we recieved another "Notice of Entry and Docketing of Judgement". This time it was for $1522.12,for the creditor we had already got garnished for. Not understanding whats going on, I got on the phone to try to get some answers.

According to the very rude man I spoke with at Como Law Firm, we did not sign a release of funds so they could get the money that was garnished. I asked him how we were supposed to sign something we didn't have. He started yelling at me and said that he sent us the release. I tried to explain to him that if we would have gotten the release we deffinetely would have signed it, and sent it back.

I finally got the money that was garnished released to Como Law Firm. It took alot of phone calls and alot of time, but I did it. The problem is, now, several months later they want to garnish my husbunds paycheck again for the same thing. I called Como Law Firm and spoke with the very rude Eric Berg once again and told him we will pay the balance. All we want is to get this taken care of and put it behind us.

Unless my math skills and my calculator are wrong, if you take $1522.12 and subtract $1097.86, the balance is $424.26. He said I'd have to get a certified check for $626.26. When I asked why it was all of a sudden $202.00 more, he flew off the handle and started yelling at me again, and then hung up. I tried calling back, but he won't take my calls.

Karen
foley, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/22/2008 02:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Eric-Berg-Como-Law-Firm-PA-lawyers/St-Paul-Minnesota-55108/Eric-Berg-Como-Law-Firm-PA-Como-Law-Firm-is-garnishing-my-husbunds-paycheck-a-second-ti-328095. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Eric Berg / Como Law Firm P.A. lawyers

I believe it

AUTHOR: Scott Aveles - (U.S.A.)

I've had my own unfortunate experience with these people, and they were very rude to me and apparantly others here from the safety of their locked building. I'd love to get his Eric Berg guy out in the real world, and not the b.s. one where weak, insecure little people shroud themselves behind locked doors and their ability to manipulate and twist the laws that are supposed to help people while screwing them over to improve their own self-esteme while they keep running to the bank. I'm going to be walking bowel-legged for weeks after the servicing they gave me. Mr Berg, I hope you're reading what people are saying about you. There seems to be a vast number of steadily growing victims that wish to treat you and your associates with the same lack of compassion and humility you've bestowed upon them, and if there's a God in heaven perhaps they'll get their chance. I myself have never been worthless enough to derive my existance by preying on people as you do, so I'm wondering as is anyone else who's got any semblance of pride and self worth (and if yours is anything more than a child molestor who's just been confronted by Chris Hanson on "To Catch a Predator", you're off by more than a few degrees, loser)... how does that feel?

Lawyer obtained

AUTHOR: Karen - (U.S.A.)

In the past several days I've talked with many people about the situation, and got many opinions and good advice.

This morning I went to the courthouse and spoke with the court administrator. She was very helpful, and informative. She gave me a copy of all the paperwork in the file, and a long list of lawyers.

After many phone calls, I now have my own lawyer. I am going to fight this. After all, not many of us have an extra $1500.00 to just throw away.

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Looking into HOW they managed to garnish your DH wages. In order to do that, they needed a court order. If you never got a judgement (or even a notice you were being sued) there are some major issues going on.