I have been ripped off by Shadd Vickery and Patrick Albright and their employees, doing business as Espresso Italia Marketing, Inc.
Rather than rehash what I have already seen posted on
RipOffReport.com I have some thoughts and suggestions.
First: If you are not familiar with the 'Stipulated Judgment And Order For Permanent Injunction' Case No. 02-80545-CIV-Marra/Selzer issued by the United States District Court, Southern District of Florida, Kenneth Marra, United States District Judge on 19 June 2003 and signed by Shadd Vickery, Patrick Albright, as President and Vice-President of Espresso Italia Marketing, Inc., along with their Attorney, Carl A. Schmitt, ESQ., Robert D. McCallum, Jr., Assistant Attorney General, Civil Division U. S. Dept of Justice, Eugene M. Thirolf, Director, Office of Consumer Litigation and Sandra L. Mills, Office of Consumer Litigation, United States Department of Justice, P. O. Box 386, Washington, DC 20044 and Marcos Daniel Jimenez, United States Attorney for the Southern District of Florida ... you should immediately request a copy of this 'Stipulated Judgment and Order for Permanent Injunction' in the Case of United States v. Espresso Italia Marketing, Inc., from the Office of Consumer Litigation, U.S. Dept of Justice, P. O. Box 386, Washington, D.C. 20044, Telephone No.
Second: It is the interpertation of the two attornies I have showed this information along with detailed information as to my experiences with the company, the two individuals and some of their employees, they are in clear violation of this Order.
Third: If Espresso Italia Distributors organized, perhaps we could convince the Federal Trade Commission and the United States Justice Department to review this case and the defendants actions since they signed the agreement. At worst, if we all individually complained, we might get their attention.
Fourth: Apparently, the defendants started another company, Palm Beach Specialty Coffee (you can check this on the Internet). This company is selling the same Easy Cup 300 Machine, the same capsules, etc. Are you aware of this company and have you had any dealings with it? Please take a moment and share any information you might have with this site.
Fifth: Distributors organization - perhaps there is a distributor that is a savvy computer web site developer who would develop a web site for Espresso Italia Distributors.com.
If so, I believe he/she would find hundreds of very interested distributors.
The function of this organization and its web site might include the following:
- Lobby for the FTC and the Dept of Justice to revisit and review what is happening with the company, their sister company, the principals and employees of the companies, etc., to determine if they are in violation of Judge Marra's Order, and if so, to proceed with an injunction to stop them in their tracks and levy the balance of the fine and other punishment as the Court might deem appropriate.
- Expose to all interested parties the facts concerning an Espresso Italia distributorship.
- Provide a forum for all potential purchasers of distributorships to see.
- Communication and sharing of information between distributors. Perhaps posting of a list of all distributors with addresses, phone numbers and eventually email addresses.
- Provide a forum to buy and sell Espresso Italia machines, products, etc. There must be many, many very unhappy distributors like the writer that would like to sell their machines and product, others who might want to buy without going through Espresso Italia Marketing, Inc.
- Locate another source where machines and products might be purchased.
- Perhaps import directly from a coffee/espresso manufacturer
in Italy a serving or pod that would fit in the 300 and XL machine so we would not have to deal with Espresso Italia Marketing, Inc.
- And, other items that distributors might feel it is in their interest to consider.
Finally: Many of us have substantial investments in time, effort and money in Espresso Italia. Many of us can't afford to simply walk away or do something that would stop the company from shipping us espresso re-orders. The sooner we can organize and the sooner we can start posting 'buy and sell' information, the better we will all be.
Since I don't know another site where we might discuss this, I am hopeful that enough folks will read this and respond here on Rip-OffReports.com Having said that...perhaps we can, for the moment, use Espresso Italia Distributors, to identify ourselves.
I'll be checking back on this site daily to see what YOU have posted.
Please start by posting that YOU have contacted the FTC and the U.S. Dept of Justice and have ordered a copy of the 'Stipulated Judgment And Order For Permanent Injunction' Case No. 02-80545-CIV-Marra/Selzer issued by the United States District Court, Southern District of Florida, Kenneth Marra, United States District Judge on 19 June 2003.
Thank you for taking the time to read this!
Let's get the bastards!